Best Bookshelf Speakers Under 200 Dollars – A lot of music lovers interested in a good set of bookshelf speakers generally tend to go for a set that costs under $200. While purchasing a new bookshelf speaker under a 200 dollar range, you need to pay attention to certain details such as the number of channels, frequency range, impedance, mean input power, etc.
So, stop wasting hours of your precious time on researching about bookshelf speakers, and check out our list of the best bookshelf speakers under 200 dollars. However, all of the speakers here on the list are not only aesthetically pleasing, but they also provide you with the quality of sound you need in order to hear the subtle nuances in your favorite songs.
10 Best Bookshelf Speakers Under 200 Dollars
|JBL Arena B15|
|Presonus Ceres C3.5BT|
|Polk Audio TSi100|
|ELAC B5 Debut Series|
|BIC America DV62si|
1. JBL Arena B15 Black Bookshelf & Surround Speaker
Bring games, TV and movies to life with these JBL Arena B15 speakers, which feature HDI (High-Definition Imaging) waveguide technology for high-quality performance. The understated design makes this a sophisticated addition to your home theater system. If you want to put some hard-hitting material on your shelves, look no further –with its powerful 5.5-inch (140millimeter) polycellulose woofer and High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide, the JBL Arena B15 bookshelf / surround loudspeaker is a flexible solution for music, TV shows, movies, and console gaming.
- 1-inch (25mm) soft dome tweeter provides clean, powerful highs.
- 5.5-inch (140mm) poly cellulose woofer brings room-filling JBL sound to all your music, TV shows, movies, and console gaming.
- Integrated wall-mount solution for flexible installation and system configuration.
- Contemporary cabinet shape and all-black grilles provide a sophisticated, modern look.
- Functions as a bookshelf or surround speaker in stereo or multi-channel systems.
2. Polk Audio TSi100 Bookshelf Speakers
Polk Audio has done it again with their TSi100 bookshelf speakers. Enjoy listening to your favorite jams through these affordable bookshelf speakers that feature wide-dispersion woofers and tweeters for thrilling sound that keeps you rocking. Built-in crossovers with Mylar bypass capacitors deliver expressive highs for a lush soundscape.
Polk Audio has once again raised the standard for great sounding speakers that also offer incomparable value. The new TSi Series takes entry-level component speaker pricing and gives the audio/home theater buff a lot of Polk Audio for the money. The TSi Series was designed to be highly efficient, so they can be driven easily by unpretentious receivers, and they’re voice-matched for lifelike surround sound environments.
The new TSi Series’ contemporary look was inspired by our top-of-the-line LSi Series and designed to work with today’s most stylish televisions and electronic components.
- Recommended amplification: 20-100 (watts/ch)
- Equipped with one 5.25-inch dynamic balance bi-laminate composite woofer
- Equipped with one 1-inch silk/polymer composite dynamic balance dome tweeters
- Pair of high-performance bookshelf speakers
- Frequency response: 53Hz – 25kHz
- Pair of high-performance bookshelf speakers
- Equipped with one 1-inch silk/polymer composite dynamic balance dome tweeters
3. Klipsch RB-10 4-Inch Two-Way Bookshelf Loudspeaker
The Reference Series RB-10 bookshelf loudspeaker is part of Klipsch’s new entry-level Reference 10 family that offers the same advanced technology and world-class materials as the Reference III models but from smaller enclosures and at lower price points. As the smallest bookshelf loudspeaker, Klipsch has ever made, the RB-10 employs a 4-inch woofer and a 1-inch titanium-dome compression driver loaded with a 4-inch square Tractrix Horn for maximum clarity and efficiency.
The woofer on the RB-10 still features Klipsch’s distinctive, copper-colored Cerametallic material. Made with anodized aluminum, this cone is strong and dent resistant. The anodizing process converts its inner and out surface to ceramic. The outcome is a rigid cone with superb damping characteristics that will not flex or resonate at frequencies within the woofer’s operating range.
As in all Reference Series speakers, the RB-10 crossover network is constructed using extremely high-quality components including top-of-the-line internal wiring, polyester film-type capacitors and an air-core inductor to ensure signal purity and proper driver integration.
Available in a black vinyl finish, the RB-10 features a low-diffraction sculpted baffle and magnetically attached grille for an elegant fit and finish This bookshelf model may be small, but it carries a huge dynamic presence that is sure to blow audiences away.
- Has both a back-panel keyhole for on-wall mounting and a threaded insert for attachment to popular adjustable wall and ceiling brackets
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE – 90Hz-20kHz +/-3 dB
- SENSITIVITY – 90dB @ 2.83V / 1 meter
- POWER HANDLING – 50 watts maximum continuous (200 watts peak)
- NOMINAL IMPEDANCE – 8 ohms compatible
4. Klipsch R-15M Bookshelf Speaker
The Klipsch R-15M Bookshelf speakers bring the transparency usually found in studio monitors, with a twist. Klipsch implemented some more advanced solutions, such as the Tractrix horn for the tweeter.
Small but mighty, the Reference R-15M monitor speaker delivers big sound from a small footprint. Highly efficient, this powerful yet minimalist speaker engulfs listeners in their favorite movies and music for hours of listening pleasure. Compared to other models in this price range, R-15M will give you a more memorable experience.
- Get power and versatility in a small package, the Klipsch R-15M bookshelf speakers pack a mean punch.
- These speakers perform beautifully as a left,center,right, or surround.
- Dual 5.25″ copper-spun high-output IMG woofers. Brushed black polymer veneer cabinet
- Klipsch Reference Bookshelf speakers feature a rear-firing port that is perfectly match to the cabinet and drivers.
- Features bass reflex via rear firing port enclosure type. Sensitivity 94 db at 2.83 volt per 1 minute
5. PreSonus Ceres C3.5BT 2-Way Powered Speakers
Designed by a proven leader in recording-studio technology, Ceres C3.5BT Bluetooth home stereo speakers let you experience music and movie and game audio on the same type of speaker used to make the recordings yet are small enough to fit almost anywhere.
A great choice for music enthusiasts, gamers, and home theaters, Ceres C3.5BT powered speakers deliver professional sound quality that lets you hear your music clearly and accurately. You get the flexibility of multiple inputs and professional controls, along with the convenience of streaming stereo music from any Bluetooth device. Energy Conservation mode saves energy when the speakers are not in use and meets the European ErP directive.
- Bluetooth wireless audio streaming for use with smartphones, tablets, and other computers
- 3.5-inch Kevlar low-frequency transducer
- 1-inch (25 mm), ultra-low-mass, silk-dome, high-frequency transducer
- 25W/side Class AB amplification
- Treble and Bass Acoustic Tuning controls let you create a more accurate listening environment
6. Pioneer SP-BS22-LR Andrew Jones Designed Bookshelf Loudspeakers
High-quality home audio doesn’t have to break the bank. As proof, Pioneer introduces the SP-BS22-LR bookshelf speakers. Whether you use them as stereo speakers or part of a multi-channel home theater system, their ability to handle 90 watts the SP-BS22-LR’s deliver wide frequency response and sophisticated sound quality regardless of the source.
Whatever your system, the SP-BS22-LR Bookshelf Speakers are ready to step it up with authentic audio reproduction to bring your listening experience to the next level.
- 80 Watt Power Handling, Nominal Impedance 6 ohms
- RF Molded Curved Cabinets to reduce internal standing waves
- 4 inches Structured Surface Woofer with oversized magnets and vented pole piece for improved bass response
- 1-inch High-Efficiency Soft Dome Tweeter for smooth high frequency reproduction even at high volume levels
- 6 Element Complex Crossover perfectly blends audio between the woofer and tweeter for greater accuracy
7. Behringer MS40 24-Bit/192 kHz Digital 40-Watt Stereo
Behringer MS40 is a set of active bookshelf speakers that offers a great balance of price and performance. The device’s larger than average tweeters can really boost your listening experience. Even though the full-range driver is a bit undersized, you won’t find MS40 to bee too limited. If you are after some active bookshelf speakers, check these out.
Take the next step up from the MS20 and get more even output power and extended bass response! These extremely compact, 2 x 20-Watt nearfield monitors feature ultra-high resolution 24-bit/192 kHz D/A converters. With the MS40, you can connect directly to your digital signal sources and eliminate annoying analog line-loss and hum forever.
Whether you connect to your computer sound card, keyboard, or MP3 player, you will enjoy exceptional sound quality with great dynamics. The built-in amplifiers provide lots of headroom, while the powerful woofers and tweeters provide ultra-linear frequency response.
- 2-way active studio monitors ideally suited for computer studios, audio and multimedia workstations, and keyboard monitoring
- Built-in 2 x 20-Watt powerful amplifiers with immense headroom
- Powerful woofers and high-resolution tweeters provide an ultra-linear frequency response
- Ultra-high resolution 24-bit/192 kHz D/A converters for an incredible dynamic range
- Optical and coaxial inputs to directly connect digital audio sources by S/PDIF interface
- Two stereo analog inputs featuring #8539;” TRS and stereo RCA connectors can be used simultaneously or mixed with a digital stereo source
- Individual volume controls for both Line inputs plus Bass and Treble EQ controls
- frac14;” TRS headphone connector with auto-mute loudspeaker function easily accessible on the front panel
- Magnetically shielded for placement near computer monitors
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
8. Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers
Edifier speakers are fairly unique in terms of performance and flexibility. What we have here is a model that brings refined audio to those who aren’t interested in getting a standalone amplifier. On top of that, the R1700BT meets modern standards of connectivity that include Bluetooth support. Overall, they’re a great choice for anyone who wants to get into quality audio.
The R1700BT has built-in Digital Signal Processing (DSP) and Dynamic Range Control (DRC) to prevent distortion. The R1700BT is equipped with a 19mm dome tweeter and a 4-inch bass driver in each speaker creates rich lows and clear highs. With the front-facing bass reflex port, low frequencies are emphasized giving the bass more power.
- BLUETOOTH CONNECTION – Pair your phone, tablet or computer for a true hassle-free wireless experience, perfect for any iOS, Android, macOS or Windows device.
- 2 x AUX INPUT – Convenient connection to any device that has a 3.5mm headphone output or dual RCA output. Connect to two devices via AUX at the same time, no plugging and switching needed.
- REMOTE CONTROL – switch input sources, control volume and mute/unmute at your figure tips.
- CLASSIC WOOD FINISH – High-quality MDF wood build finished with walnut wood effect vinyl serves as a great compliment to any home decor.
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY – Guaranteed high quality and reliability with hassle-free parts and labor warranty for two years in USA and Canada.
9. BIC America DV62si Bookshelf Speakers
Attention, all bass lovers needing small speakers: this stately pair of Venturi DV62si bookshelf speakers from BIC America uses a patented and specially tuned rear-panel Venturi port to extend its low-frequency response to an impressive 43 Hz, nearly a full octave below the capabilities of most bookshelf speakers–the place where kick drums kick and bass guitars growl their deepest. The 2-way speakers would suitably fill out your home theater with surround sound, enliven your dorm or apartment with music, or provide a gentle background ambiance in your bedroom or business.
The stunningly accurate BIC Venturi 6.5-in. Bookshelf Speakers have received numerous “best buy” ratings from a leading consumer buyer’s guide magazine. Their long-throw 6-1/2-in. poly/graphite woofers deliver tight, accurate extended bass. Their patented “Venturi” vents assist in extended low-frequency performance. Custom-designed poly dome tweeters and unique front cabinet angles enable minimal distortion resulting in clear mid and high frequencies. BIC speakers are ideal for use with all surround and music formats. They can be used as mains speakers, a front or rear center, and as surrounds.
- 6.5″ poly graphite woofer
- 0.75″ soft dome tweeter
- Video-shielded, 2-way, Venturi-tuned vent bookshelf speakers
- Black laminate finish
- 2-way, tuned-vent bookshelf speakers with wide, 43 to 20,000 Hz frequency response for deep bass and extended treble
- 90 dB sensitivity; recommended for use with amplifiers pushing 10 to 150 watts per channel
- 6-inch poly/graphite woofer, .75-inch poly dome tweeter per speaker
10. ELAC B5 Debut Series 5.25″ Bookshelf Speakers
Elac has done a phenomenal job with the Debut B5 series. Despite a somewhat underwhelming design, closer inspection reveals great attention to detail which you won’t often find at this price point. And once they’re on? The audio quality is strong. It’s balanced, energetic, and detailed, and although they sound as small as they are, the performance is great.
The sound quality is good across the board, and even the bass manages to produce a good response which is fairly unusual for the ultra-compact, bookshelf form factor. Our only issue with it is that they don’t produce the largest sound, and cranking up the volume to maximum can be a little underwhelming at times. Not a massive problem, but worth noting nonetheless.
- Custom Drivers
- Woven Aramid-Fiber Woofer and binding posts are 5-way metal
- Deep-Spheroid Custom Waveguide and Intricate Crossover.Tweeter:1x 1 inch (2.54 cm) cloth dome
- Nominal/peak power handling: 50 / 120 WPC , Nominal impedance: 6 Ω; minimum 5.4 Ω, Recommended amplifier power: 30 to 120 WPC
- Sensitivity: 85 dB at 2.83 v/1m , Woofer: 1 x 5.25-inch woven aramid-fiber cone , Crossover frequency: 3,000 Hz , Frequency response: 46 to 20,000 Hz
10 Best Bookshelf Speakers Under 100 Dollars – Final Verdict
After doing all the research we have identified JBL Arena B15 Black Bookshelf & Surround Speaker as the best bookshelf speakers under 200 Dollars to buy due to the high build quality, multitude of connection options and stellar performance for the price. The JBL Arena B15 packs just the right amount of features and high craftsmanship while remaining within a $200 budget.
We hope that you have found this article to be helpful and learned some valuable knowledge to help you decide on the right bookshelf speaker.
Some of you may have read this guide and still find yourself confused or unsure of which bookshelf speaker is best for your needs. Leave a comment below to get in touch and we will offer advice or a more detailed soundbar recommendation based for you.