Are you looking for the best electric mower? You have come to the right place. EverydaysGadgets.com has a professional team that reviews the best products in the market on a daily basis.
Our team consists of professionals in their respective fields. We review and rate all the products on the basis of their specifications, user-experience, customer reviews & ratings. Finding the right electric mower can be a tough task as there are so many options available in the market that sometimes it gets so confusing.
To reduce your burden we have prepared a list of 10 best electric mower to buy in the year 2020.
10 Best Electric Mower
Greenworks 16-Inch 40V Cordless Lawn Mower, 4.0 AH Battery Included 25322
12 used from $154.50
- G-MAX 40V 4Ah Li-Ion Battery (Model 29472) powers multiple tools for complete yard work system--includes 1-4Ah Battery and Charger
- Single lever 5-position height adjustment offers cutting height range from 1-1/4 inch to 3-3/8-inch for the best cut in all environments
- 2-in-1 feature offers rear bagging and mulching capability for multiple use. Cuts 400m2 on a single charge. Nice even cut for all grass types
- 16-Inch cutting deck allows you to maneuver through small to medium size yard more efficiently
- 6-inch front wheel and 7-inch rear wheel for easy maneuvering throughout your yard
American Lawn Mower Company 50514 14-Inch 11-Amp Corded Electric Lawn Mower, Black
3 used from $65.81
- Powerful 11-Amp motor provides the power to cut all types of grasses; High efficiency motor for gas-like power
- Large 14" cutting width with 5-position easy-change cutting height adjustment from 1" to 2.5"
- 2-in-1 rear discharge and mulching system; Includes hard top 16 Gal grass bag with grass level indicator for convenience and easy disposal
- Multiple handle height positions, making it comfortable for all users; Compact and slim frame with folding handles for easy storage
- Lightweight and easy to operate; Clean air alternative to gas-powered lawn mowers
GreenWorks 20-Inch 12 Amp Corded Electric Lawn Mower 25022
12 used from $69.88
- Durable 20-Inch Steel Deck
- Powerful 12 Amp Motor
- 3-In-1 (Mulching, Side Discharge, and Rear Bag)
- 7-position height adjustment offers a range of cutting height from 1-1/2 to 3-3/4 inches for all grass types
- Push Button Start. Drive system: manual
Greenworks 21-Inch 80V Lawn Mower, (2) 2Ah Batteries and Charger Included GLM801601
$405.13 in stock
2 used from $360.54
- NEVER STOP CUTTING. Up to 60 minutes of run time with 2 fully charged 2.0AH Battery
- 2.0AH battery and charger included. Front wheels: 7 Inch
- Brushless motors are more reliable and delivers gas equivalent performance to a 160cc gas engine
- Smart Cut(TM) Load sensing technology
- 3-in-1 Mulch, rear bag, and side discharge
BLACK+DECKER 3-in-1 Lawn Mower, String Trimmer and Edger, 12-Inch (MTC220)
$134.72 in stock
- 3 tools in 1, easily converts from mower to trimmer to edger
- AFS automatic feed system ensures continuous work without bumping and having to stop.Ideal Property Size 750 ft²
- Power Drive Transmission prevents bogging down. Cutting heights: 1.6 2.4 inch
- Adjustable height deck & trimmer and pivoting handle. Charge Time at 60 percent 2.5 hrs
- Includes (2) batteries for extended run time
BLACK+DECKER BESTA512CM Electric Lawn Mower
- Easily converts from mower to trimmer to edger for 3 tools in 1
- The 6.5 amp motor and Power Drive transmission provide maximum performance when trimming through the toughest weeds, grass, and overgrowth
- Automatic feed Spool (afs) lets you continue working without bumping or having to stop to adjust the Spool. Cutting Heights 1. 6 inch. /2. 4 inch. Cutting Path 12 inch
- Lightweight design with adjustable handle and Height positions provide maximum comfort and control
- Cord retention System prevents accidental cord disconnection. 8000 RPM
GreenWorks MO40L410 G-MAX 40V 20-Inch Cordless 3-in-1 Lawn Mower with Smart Cut Technology, (1) 4Ah Battery and Charger included
$308.54 in stock
6 used from $186.88
- Includes (1) Max Capacity 4 AH - 40V Lithium Battery , Cutting Heights - 5 Position
- Durable 20'' Steel Deck lets you Mulch, Bag, or Side Discharge allowing you to maintain your yard the way you want it. This Lawn Mower is not self-propelled
- Innovative Smart Cut technology automatically increases the speed of the blade when more power is needed
- Our dual battery port design enables one battery to be stored while the other fuels the mower for uninterrupted cutting; saving a you a trip to the garage
- Up to 55% of U.S. homes only need one charge to get the job done
EGO Power+ LM2000-S 20-Inch 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Walk Behind Lawn Mower - Battery and Charger Not Included
- Compatible with all EGO power+ arc lithium batteries
- 20 in. cut capacity
- Weather-resistant construction
- 3-in-1: mulching/bagging/side discharge
- Folds easily for compact storage
Greenworks 20-Inch 40V Twin Force Cordless Lawn Mower, 4.0 AH & 2.0 AH Batteries Included 25302
$329.97 in stock
11 used from $193.33
- G-max 40 Volts Li-Ion battery system powers multiple tools for complete yard work system--includes one 4 Ampere hour battery and one 2 Ampere hour battery and charger , Voltage - 40 Volts
- 20-inch cutting deck offers a great balance of maneuverability and cutting capacity making it ideal for mid-sized areas. Front Wheels: 7 Inch, Rear Wheels :10 Inch
- Innovative smart cut technology adjusts for power or runtime based on the thickness of your grass
- Dual blades offer better cut quality, superior mulching and bagging capabilities; 5 position single lever height adjuster allows for a cutting height range of 1-3/4 inches to 3-3/8 inches
- Kindly review the user manual under technical specification for troubleshooting steps and set up instructions
Sun Joe MJ403E Mow Joe 17-Inch 13-Amp Electric Lawn Mower/Mulcher
$137.99 in stock
- POWERFUL: 13-amp motor cuts a 17-inch wide path
- HEIGHT CONTROL: Tailor cutting Height with 7-position Height control
- CONVERTIBLE: Mulching + mowing function. Size of Yard - 1/4 - 1/2 Acre. No Load Speed (rpm)- 3500
- GRASS COLLECTOR: Detachable grass collection bag for easy disposal
- WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED!: Your new lawn mower is backed by the Snow Joe + Sun Joe Customer Promise. We will warrant new, powered products for two years from the date of purchase. NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Contact Snow Joe + Sun Joe customer support at 1-866-766-9563 for further assistance.
As you know a mower, also known as grasscutter & lawnmower is a machine used to cut a grass surface to an even height. You can check Wikipedia for all the details. There are mainly two types of mowers as per the energy source. They are gasoline mowers & electric mowers.
Today we will be discussing Electric Lawn Mower & what should you look for while identifying the best electric mower for yourself.
Electric Mower is relatively quieter than the gasoline mower. They are money-saving, energy-efficient & much easy to use. And they typically take much less effort to start up the first time in spring than gas mowers do.
Now in the electric mower is also divided into two categories, corded & cordless.
Corded Electric Mower
As per the name, the corded electric lawnmower has a cord. They are limited in range by their trailing power cord, which may limit their use with lawns extending outward more than 100–150 feet (30–45 m) from the nearest available power outlet.
But Corded electric mower has unlimited run times. As long as the electricity runs through to that outlet, you will able to cut grass with corded mowers. Corded electric lawn mowers are best for cutting small lawns.
Cordless Electric Mower
Cordless Electric Lawnmower runs on batteries. They are powered by a variable number (typically 1–4) of 12-volt, 56-volt, and 80-volt rechargeable batteries. It implies that you should charge their batteries sufficiently in order to run it for a long time.
Batteries can be in the interior of the lawnmower or on the outside. If on the outside, the depleted batteries can be quickly swapped with recharged batteries. Cordless mowers have the maneuverability of a gasoline lawnmower and the environmental friendliness of a corded electric lawnmower. But they are more expensive and come in fewer models than either.
Pros & Cons of Electric Mower
Benefits of Using Electric LawnMower
The advantages of using an electric lawnmower are:
Flip Switch and Go
Electric mowers start with the flip of a switch. They will run all season at an electricity cost of about $5. Maintenance consists of cleaning dust, grass clippings and other debris from the topside and underside, and blade sharpening. Cordless models generally need a new battery every five to seven years.
Electric mowers require less maintenance all-around. For a corded mower, simply plug it in and go. For cordless mowers, as long as the battery is charged up, the mower will cut away.
Easier To Start
Electric lawnmowers are easier to start. For cordless, simply turn a key and flip a lever or push a button. For corded, simply plug in, turn a key, and push a button. It’s that easy!
Less Noise Pollution
Electric mowers typically are not loud like gasoline mowers thereby reducing the awful noise pollution. electric mowers are quiet, operating at an average of 75 decibels. That’s about the same noise level as normal conversation, so the mower won’t disturb the neighbors.
Less Air Pollution
One of the most significant advantages of using an electric mower is its energy efficiency and smaller carbon footprint. Electric mowers emit no exhaust or other pollutants, making them an environmentally-friendly choice. They are economical because they don’t require gasoline, tune-ups, oil changes, spark plugs or air filters.
Cleaning of Electric Mower
Whether it’s cordless or corded, you should clean your electric mower after each use. And while cleaning your electric lawnmower there are few things that you should consider. First, you should never try to clean a mower while it’s running! Before cleaning thew mower always shut off the power, unplugged the cord (if necessary) and/or turned off all power switches and turned the key to the ‘off’ position.
About cleaning its blades, never clean them with Metal tools as they can damage blades. The best practice to clean the blade is to do it with a wooden stick or plastic utensil to wipe off all grass trimmings.
After cleaning the blades, hit the mower deck with a once-over to wipe away residue, then the ventilation system, wheels, and power system. A soft, clean cloth is an invaluable tool when cleaning an electric lawn mower’s inner workings from grass, dirt, and other debris.
For winter, an electric lawn mower should always be cleaned properly, ensuring that all dirt, debris, and grass trimmings are gone.
Things To Keep In Mind After Buying An Electric Mower
After identifying the best Electric Mower for your requirements, there are a few tips and information that you should know about using it.
Read The Mower’s Manual
Every device comes with a user manual that explains the manufacturer’s recommendations for its use. The best practice when using an electric mower, particularly for those who have never used one before, is to read this manual from cover to cover. This action will save loads of headaches in the long run.
Clean The Mower After Each Use
Never allow grass, dirt, and other debris to sit in an electric lawnmower from one use to the next. It takes just a few moments to wipe away all trimmings and wipe it down with a soft, clean cloth before placing it in storage until its next use.
Keep An Extra Battery Charged
You can never tell when the battery of your mower is about to die. It’s advised to keep an extra battery on the charger at all times. Some mowers even have an extra storage compartment onboard the mower to keep your backup close.
Conclusion – Best Electric Mower
We hope that you have found this article to be helpful. And you learned some valuable knowledge to help you decide on the best electric mower.
Some of you may have read this guide and still find yourself confused. Or you are unsure of which electric mower is best for your needs. Leave a comment below to get in touch and we will offer advice or a more detailed recommendation.