Looking for the best gas grills under $300 price range? Well, Your search comes to an end with us as you have landed in the right place. Grilling is the most fun outdoor experience activities to enjoy while camping with your friends, family, and colleague. There’s nothing fun like having the nice and toasty grill, and then tossing a lean tenderloin on it so that you can watch it brown and take on that freshly-grilled flavor.
I am Sure nobody would even deliberately spoil those precious moments just because of poor gas grills. So, there comes the question that which is the best gas grill?
With so many options out there, it’s hard to know where to even begin your search.
The choice isn’t just between charcoal either. Grills have come a long way and many offer up a dizzying array of features.
We’ve taken a look at some of the best grills available for less than $300 and distilled them down to just three of the top models.
Read further to get the answer to your question with our top picks for the Best Gas grills Under $300 mark.
List Of Top 10 Best Gas Grills Under $300
1) Char-Broil Performance 300 2-Burner Cabinet Gas Grill
The Char-Broil Performance 300 is a 2-burner cabinet gas grill that delivers 24,000 BTU’s of heat across the 300 square inch cooking surface. The cooking surface measures 15.9-inches wide by 18.5-inches deep, and features porcelain-coated cast-iron grates, which are rust-resistant, help prevent food from sticking and are easy to clean.
On the inside, two stainless steel top-ported burners are durable and deliver strong cooking performance. Features an electronic ignition system for fast and reliable startups with the push of a button, and two metal side shelves for added workspace which can also fold down when not needed or for storing.
Convenient storage cabinet with a door to provides easy access to the propane tank while keeping it out of sight. The Performance 300 sits on four casters- two of which lock- offering easy mobility and the ability to keep in in place. Measures 42.9-inches wide x 24.5-inches deep x 44-inches high.
- Two stainless steel burners with a total output of 24,000 BTUs
- porcelain-coated cast-iron cooking grates
- 300 square inches of cooking space
- 100 sq. in. Swing-Away Warming Rack
- metal side shelves for extra storage space
- 4 casters for moving the grill around
- Lid-Mounted Temperature Gauge
2) Char-Broil Performance 475 4-Burner
Best For: This unit is very good for those of you who want to cook up a week’s worth of food in one shot.
This is because it has 480 square inches of primary grill surface area and If the primary cooking area is not enough for your needs, you can use the additional 180 square inches of secondary porcelain-coated cooking area. Both these cooking surfaces make this classic grill the one with the largest surface area in this guide, with a total of 660 square inches.
- Great Value for the Money
- Huge Cooking Area
- Great Performance
- Great Construction
- Side Burner
- Easy to Use Controls
3) Weber Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill
It’s hard to go wrong with a classic. There’s nothing quite like grilling over charcoal and there’s no charcoal grill quite like the venerable Weber Kettle.
The Weber Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill, 22-Inch is a nicely sized grill that provides plenty of space for cooking for a crowd. The Kettle is a versatile cooking tool that can be used for both traditional grilling and indirect smoking.
The Kettle’s porcelain-enameled bowl contains nearly 400 square inches space. A hinged cooking grate allows users to easily add more charcoal without moving the food.
The premium model also includes a one-touch, easy to use ash collection system. This allows the cook to quickly disconnect the ash collection tray and empty as needed.
The Kettle Premium is fitted with a lot of great features. There are heat shields for the hands-on each of the handles, plenty of vents for heat control, and hooks for utensil storage while cooking.
- 363 square inches of cooking space
- Durable wheels for easy transport
- Porcelain-coated bowl for long-term durability
4) Char-Griller E3001 Grillin’ Pro 40,800-BTU Gas Grill
The 3001 Grillin’ Pro is a great choice if you’re looking for a powerful but compact grill for less than $300. In fact, with a little searching around you can easily find it for around $200. For this price, you’re getting a lot of grills. It has a few features missing that we’d like to have seen, for example, a drip tray would have been nice.
Also, the general build quality is better on other models but people have reported that their 3001 has lasted years. We’d recommend this to someone who is looking for a great budget grill that will be cooking up a lot of food and we think that this is the best 3 burner gas grill for the money.
- Porcelain-coated cast iron grill grates
- Electronic ignition for easy start-ups
- Bottom shelf for propane bottle
- Large wheels for easy movement
- Side shelf for convenient prep workspace
5) Char-Broil 463377319 Performance Stainless Steel 4-Burner
That’s enough cooking space and heat to effectively make up to 20 burgers at one time.
The Char-Broil Performance Grill includes an upper shelf right above the main burners where you can store finished food and keep them warm at the same time.
It’s got two side tables where you can store your cooking implements or plates or trays.
One of these surfaces can have its lid removed to expose a convenient side burner. It can deliver 10,000 BTUs of heat: a perfect amount for warming sauce or roasting vegetables.
The grill starts up with easy electronic ignition systems.
A lid-mounted temperature gauge lets you monitor the heat and cooking progress while the lid is closed.
6) Char-Broil Classic 360 3-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill
The lower number of burners combined with more cooking space means that your food won’t be heated quite as quickly as the previous model. The dispersal is good enough to handle most typical cookouts anyway.
Each of the burners is made of stainless steel.
The lid is porcelain-coated to provide great rust protection and durability. The grates are also porcelain-coated and are great for searing.
The warming rack here is larger than the one on our top choice. It’s 170 in.² and is ideal for toasting hamburger buns or keeping finished food from becoming burned.
The grill can be ignited instantly at the push of a button.
The grill also has two metal side shelves that offer plenty of prep space and storage options. A metal hook line on the side of the grill lets you store your tools and other long implements conveniently.
- Build Quality – the Classic 360 is made with either stainless steel or porcelain-coated steel, both of which are great options for long-term durability and good cooking results. The grates will be able to retain heat effectively. This is all the more important given the extra space that three burners have to heat instead of four.
- Big Warming Rack – the fact that the warming rack is so spacious is great. The extra space can be combined with the large cooking area to prepare plenty of burger buns right as the meat is coming off the grill.
- Easy Start-Up – being able to fire up the grill at the touch of a button is both satisfying and useful. Reliable startups are always better than having to wrestle with a gas ignition when you need to quickly start cooking to feed everyone
7) Weber 54060001 Q2200 Liquid Propane Grill
You won’t find any regular Weber gas grills at this price point (unless you find an amazing deal). The portable Q2200 squeezes into the budget though.
This portable grill can be moved around easily and still boasts 280 in. of cooking space.
That’s plenty for feeding average size families and even a few extra people all at the same time.
- Light Weight – the Weber Q2200 only weighs 42.5 pounds. This is liftable by most adults, so it’s easy to load into a car for a camping trip or bring it to your neighbor’s backyard for the weekend cookout. The shape of the grill makes it easy to carry, as well, particularly when the side tables have folded up into their proper configuration.
- Great Grates – the cooking grates are made of porcelain enabled cast iron which provides excellent flavor despite its modest size and overall BTU rating. The heat retention from the grates helps minimize the trouble brought about by the low BTU rating.
- Folding Tables – we really like that you can choose whether or not to use the folding tables at any time. Once extended, they’re fairly sturdy even though they’re made of a tough composite plastic material instead of any metal.
- Cooking Space – for a portable gas grill, you get a lot of cooking space to do your work. Many portable grills are much smaller than their non-portable counterparts, but this weakness is not present.
8) Coleman Propane Grill | RoadTrip LXE Portable Gas Grill
The Coleman Propane Portable Grill is a lot taller than our primary pick.
It has collapsible legs that can extend up to a standing height once the grill is in the proper location for cooking.
These legs lock into place so there’s no chance of the grill buckling under the weight of food at the worst possible moment. But as soon as you need it to travel, you can collapse the legs once again and lift it up easily, since it weighs less than 50 pounds.
- Portable propane grill ideal for tailgating, picnicking, and camping
- Delivers 20,000 BTUs of heat across 285 square inches of grilling surface
- Swaptop interchangeable cooktops allow you to switch grill grates out for griddle and stove grates (sold separately)
- Instastart button ignites grill without the need for a match or lighter
- Collapsible design is easy to transport and fits into most car trunks
- East to transport, folds to compact size with large handle and wheels for easy pulling; Sets up in seconds
- Easy-to-clean, cast-iron and porcelain-coated surfaces with removable grease tray
9) Dyna-Glo DGB390SNP-D
Enjoy top-notch grilling quality without sacrificing precious space with Dyna-Glo’s 3-burner smart space living gas grill. Its Dyna-Power cooking system features a porcelain enameled steel firebox that houses three stainless steel burners, delivering 36,000 total BTUs.
- Easy push-button electronic pulse ignition system ensures quick start-up; 390 sq in of primary cooking space; 507 sq in of total cooking space.
- (2) Heavy gauge porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates retain heat to sear foods and lock in foods natural juices
- (3) Stainless steel commercial grade straight burners for performance and durability (3) Steel Heat tents protect the burners and flavor foods
- Infinite control valve options provide flexibility and the best grilling performance and experience
- Double-wall stainless steel lid assembly to retain heat includes temperature gauge; Side shelves with integrated towel bar and tool hooks
- Protect your grill with a custom-fit Dyna-Glo premium cover, Model # DG300C (sold separately)
10) Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 325 2-Burner
With Char-Broil TRU Infrared Technology, heat is sent directly to food, sealing in juices. Features a generous 325 square inch cooking surface and 120 square inch warming rack. Folding side shelves make it easy to store and provide extra workspace when needed and the grill easily converts from propane to natural gas.
The special cooking grate at the core of TRU-Infrared technology spreads heat evenly across the grill top. And because it creates a barrier between food and flames, flare-ups are history. End result – juicier and more flavorful food every time.
- 325 square inches of primary cooking over porcelain-coated cast-iron grates
- 120 square inch porcelain-coated swing-a-way rack for warming
- Two top-ported 443 stainless steel tube burners for lasting performance and better temperature control
- Surefire Electronic ignition system offers a reliable spark at every burner
- Folding side shelves for added workspace and easy storage
- Easily converts from liquid propane(lp) to natural gas(ng) with natural gas conversion kit (sold separately)
- Main Burner BTU is 18000
Best Gas Grills Under $300 USD – Conclusion
After doing all the research we have identified Char-Broil Performance 300 as the Best Gas Grills Under $300 to buy due to the high build quality &performance for the price. The Char-Broil Performance 300 packs just the right amount of features and high craftsmanship while remaining within a $300 budget.
We hope that you have found this article to be helpful and learned some valuable knowledge to help you decide on the right Gas Grill under $300.
Some of you may have read this guide and still find yourself confused or unsure of which Gas Grill is best for your needs. Leave a comment below to get in touch and we will offer advice or more detailed recommendations for you.