- 1 9 Best Turntable Under 1000 USD
- 2 1. Audio-Technica AT-LP7
- 3 2. Rega Planar 2 Turntable
- 4 3. Pro-Ject – Debut Carbon Esprit SB
- 5 4. U-Turn Audio – Orbit Special Turntable
- 6 5. Denon DP-450 USB
- 7 6. Audio-Technica AT-LP120XUSB-SV
- 8 7. Pro-Ject RPM3 Carbon
- 9 8. Stanton ST.150 M2
- 10 9. Yamaha MusicCast VINYL 500
- 11 Best Turntable Under 1000 USD – Final Verdict
Best Turntable Under 1000 USD – Finding a good turntable under $1000 is much easier than finding a turntable in the lower segments of the market. At this $1000 price point, brands simply can’t afford to make a mistake with their product. Also, the fidelity and audio quality you can get if you invest a fair bit of money is extremely high and professional.
With lots of experience, our team has made a list of the 9 best turntables under 1000 USD. Taking a little time to consider which features are most important to you. And then matching up the turntable from this list can help you buy a product you’re delighted with.
9 Best Turntable Under 1000 USD
|Yamaha MusicCast Vinyl 500|
|Stanton ST.150 MKII|
|Pro-Ject RPM3 Carbon|
|Denon DP-450 USB|
|Pro-Ject Carbon Esprit SB|
|Rega Planar 2|
1. Audio-Technica AT-LP7
The Audio-Technica AT-LP7 is at top of our list of best turntable under 1000 USD due to its high focus on sound and exceptional build quality. The Audio-Technica AT-LP7 provides outstanding audio quality. The platter of this turntable is incredibly well made, and what makes this a reliable option is the fact that it stays perfectly stable with no flutter.
There aren’t any extras like USB connectivity in the AT-LP7, but this isn’t always an issue. Most audiophiles are buying their turntables purely to listen back to their music.
- Fully manual, Belt-drive operation with two speeds: 33-1/3 and 45 RPM
- The motor features a speed-sensor system to maintain accurate platter rotation speed
- VM520EB Dual Moving Magnet Cartridge provides outstanding channel separation and extended frequency response, and allows for easy replacement with any VM stylus
- J-shaped tonearm features a metallic gimbal Suspension system and precision bearings for excellent tracking
- Built-in switchable phono pre-amplifier for connection to components with or without a dedicated phono input with selectable modes for moving the magnet or moving coil cartridges
- Chassis constructed of 40 mm-thick MDF (medium density fiberboard), an excellent anti-vibration damping material that limits low-frequency acoustical feedback
- Anti-resonance platter is made of 20mm thick polyoxymethylene driven by a sensor-monitored motor that ensures a continuously accurate platter rotation speed
2. Rega Planar 2 Turntable
Completely Redesigned RB220 Tonearm and Pre-Installed Carbon MM Cartridge Make the Rega Planar 2 Turntable a Price-to-Performance Champion: Authoritative Analog Sound, Easy Operation The presence of the spectacular, completely revamped Rega RB220 tonearm on the Planar 2 is reason enough to become ensnared by the analog magic produced by this exceptional turntable.
Featuring a low-resonance aluminum arm wand, patent-pending ball bearings housed within an extra-stiff vertical bearing, three-point plinth mounting, and a new auto-biasing system that works with a wide variety of cartridges, RB220 is essentially plug-and-play – save for the simple act of balancing it.
Its insightful, detailed performance and ability to extract scads of information from vinyl LPs justify Rega’ s decision to spend years perfecting it – and warrants spending a little extra on Planar 2 when compared to its little brother, Planar 1.
- RB220 Tonearm
- Pre-Installed Carbon MM Cartridge
- High-gloss acrylic laminated plinth
- 11mm self-securing brass bearing,
- Vibration-reducing feet
3. Pro-Ject – Debut Carbon Esprit SB
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon DC Esprit SB Turntable Adds a Built-In Pro-Ject Speed Box and 33, 45, and 78RPM Capability to an Already Incredible Analog Arsenal Your Vinyl LPs Will Sound Fantastic on the Pro-Ject Debut Carbon DC Esprit SB Turntable: Pre-Mounted Ortofon 2M Red Cartridge and Carbon-Fiber Tonearm Included Pro-Ject Debut Carbon DC Esprit SB turntable represents an unforgettable entryway into the world of high-end analog bliss.
A seriously upgraded version of the best-selling Debut Carbon DC, the Esprit SB adds a built-in Pro-Ject speed box for superior control and also supports 33, 45, and 78RPM speeds so that every record, no matter the speed, can be played back on this finely engineered ‘table.
A great-sounding carbon-fiber tonearm, best-in-class Ortofon 2M red moving-magnet cartridge, highly tuned motor, precision-based DC power supply, and vibration-damping isolation feet all come standard. The striking color options are just icing on the cake. Offering phenomenal suspension, stability, and sound for the price, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon DC Esprit SB is a remarkable audiophile value.
- 8.6″ carbon tonearm
- Pro-Ject Speed Box Built-in
- Plays 33, 45 and 78RPM (78RPM with belt change)
- Heavy non-resonant acrylic platter
- Precision belt drive with synchronous motor
4. U-Turn Audio – Orbit Special Turntable
The U-Turn Audio Orbit Special is certainly a product that looks the part, but it has the audio quality to match, making it a good choice of turntable under $1000.
This is not only one of the best turntables under $1000 but it is only just over $500. The company is nowhere near as big as some of the others, but this isn’t always a bad thing. The turntables are made with care and there are examples of excellent customer service among consumer reviews.
The choice of two wood finishes is a real bonus, and the U-Turn Audio Orbit Special looks great in all sorts of homes!
- Solid hardwood plinth in your choice of flat-cut maple or rift walnut.
- Features the award-winning Ortofon 2M Red cartridge, which delivers open and dynamic sound without coloring your music.
- Includes cue lever for easy tonearm operation.
- Acrylic platter provides improved speed consistency and clearer, more detailed playback. External belt drive eliminates motor noise and ensures speed consistency (33/45 RPM).
- Precision gimbal tonearm for accurate tracking and low distortion. Features internal anti-skate and adjustable counterweight.
5. Denon DP-450 USB
We live in an age of technology. While some users want to buy a turntable to use for listening to old records, some are looking to modernize. Having USB capabilities lets you rip audio straight onto your computer or other devices.
You can get cheap turntables with USB options for under $100, let alone under $1000, but this, the Denon DP-450USB has brilliant audio capabilities and is one of the best record players under $1000 in its own right.
The main complaint about the DP-450USB turntable is the cartridge. The same cartridge is included in some cheaper record players by Denon and other brands which some people are disappointed by. However, it can be replaced if needed.
- REDISCOVER YOUR PASSION FOR VINYL – Give your old analog records a digital rebirth with this state-of-the-art automatic turntable that supports 33 1/3 rpm, 45 rpm or 78 rpm, covering a wide array of rotating speeds
- MORE FEATURES, MORE FLEXIBILITY – Equipped with a weighted belt-driven platter, MM & MC cartridge support, speed auto sensor for more accurate sound, one-touch recording via a USB-A output, MusiCut Software (PC) for editing ripped vinyl records and more
- A UNIQUE CURVED TONEARM DESIGN – Carefully designed horizontal tracking angled tonearm with auto-lift and playback stop HELPS PRESERVE YOUR RECORDS WITHOUT DAMAGING THEM by reducing harmonic distortion and giving crystal clear sound
- BUILT-IN PHONO EQUALIZER creates an open, enveloping sound stage that enlivens your vinyl collection while staying true to the original recording. Connect it directly to a mini component or integrated amp that lacks a phono terminal for seamless use
- EASY INSTALLATION & SETUP – Comes with a pre-mounted cartridge, setting the turntable up in your living room or home theater is simple. Instantly start listening to your treasured vinyl collection
- ULTIMATE AUDIO EXPERIENCE – Clean aesthetics, modern design & solid build quality, with Denon’s expert re-engineering, makes this elegant table a must-have for your vintage vinyl collection in your home entertainment system
6. Audio-Technica AT-LP120XUSB-SV
- Experience the high-fidelity audio of vinyl
- Direct-drive, DC servo motor with selectable 33/45/78 RPM speeds
- Fully manual operation featuring adjustable dynamic anti-skate control, variable pitch control with quartz speed lock, and balanced S-shaped tonearm with hydraulically damped lift control and lockable rest
- Convert your vinyl records to digital audio files by downloading and using the free Mac- and PC-compatible Audacity recording software (or software of your choice)
- Includes: USB cable, detachable RCA output cable (dual RCA male to dual RCA male), AC adapter, 45 RPM adapter, counterweight, felt mat, and removable hinged dust cover
7. Pro-Ject RPM3 Carbon
RM 3 Carbon utilizes evolutionary enhancements to improve the performance of RPM series: A low resonance chassis holds an inverted platter bearing with ceramic ball for the further reduced rumble. An outboard 15V AC motor is smoothly driven using an ultra-precision AC generator with DC power supply for further enhanced speed stability. A 10“ S-shaped tonearm tube is made from carbon fiber, aluminum, and resin.
Using a complex 3-step process with heat treatment and 100bar pressure, arm tube rigidity is strengthened, internal damping is maximized and resonances are reduced to a minimum. This makes the tonearm also suitable for MC cartridges. Additional features are a magnetic anti-skating mechanism and a TPE-damped counterweight. All ingredients add up to a miracle in sound for the price and ultra-stylish look!
- Precision belt drive using a free-standing synchronous motor
- Ultra-precision DC-driven AC generator motor power
- 10” S-shaped tonearm made from carbon, aluminum, resin utilizing special heat and pressure treatments
- Pearl Cartridge
8. Stanton ST.150 M2
The Stanton ST.150 M2 professional turntable is designed to exceed the demands of professional DJ’s with enhanced performance and modern design. A brushed aluminum top frame and robust construction deliver ultra-clear signal quality, minimizing resonance and feedback. An advanced, whisper-quiet motor provides powerful 4.5kg torque to the dampened platter and S-curved tonearm.
- Designed to exceed the demands of professional DJs with enhanced performance and modern design
- Brushed aluminum top frame and robust construction deliver ultra-clear signal quality, minimizing resonance and feedback
- An advanced, whisper-quiet motor provides powerful 4.5kg torque to the dampened platter and S-curved tonearm
- Features adjustable brake speed, pitch control with Quartz Lock, and three speeds (33, 45, 78) with included Reverse
- Constructed with removable target light, adjustable shock-absorption feet, and selectable Phono or Line RCA Outputs
- Includes slip mat, 45 adapters, right-angled cable, and the full version of Deckadance DVS software
9. Yamaha MusicCast VINYL 500
Yamaha took a long time out of the record player game. They didn’t produce any new models for around 20 years. Some of their new products are pretty impressive, though, and this is one example of a turntable which sounds great and has some modern and high tech features.
This turntable is good if you want to play music wirelessly. It is no gimmick, the Yamaha MusicCast Vinyl 500 is well thought out, and it looks great, too. However, for true audiophiles, the fidelity might just be lacking a little.
- Create a stereo system with music cast wireless speakers. Place the Turntable and speakers wherever you want
- Expand to a multi-room Audio setup by syncing with music cast wireless speakers in other rooms
- Stream music services with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, airplay or Spotify connect; Rotation speed: 33-1/3 rpm, 45 rpm
- Yamaha hi-fi quality built for accuracy and sonic purity. Perfect for the audiophile or beginner vinyl collector
- Built-in phono preamp gives you flexibility to connect any Audio system, adding streaming service playback to your legacy hi-fi system
Best Turntable Under 1000 USD – Final Verdict
After doing all the research we have identified Audio-Technica AT-LP7 as the best turntable under 1000 Dollars to buy due to the high build quality, multitude of connection options and stellar performance for the price. The Audio-Technica AT-LP7 packs just the right amount of features and high craftsmanship while remaining within a $1000 budget.
We hope that you find this article helpful and learnsome valuable knowledge to help you decide on the right Turntable.
Some of you may have read this guide and still find yourself confused or unsure of which bookshelf speaker is best for your needs. Leave a comment below to get in touch and we will offer advice or a more detailed turntable recommendation based for you.