Best CPU Cooler for i7 8700k – Anyone using a powerful processor like Intel’s i7 series knows the value of high-quality CPU Cooler. As you already know, a processor generates a lot of heat, mainly when they are under a heavy load. Now, the Intel i7 8700k is one of the best processors available in the market. It can handle all the heavy tasks like rendering, editing and also a gaming.
There is no denying that i7 8700k is one of the best processors available in the market. But the thing about this processor is that it runs a lot hotter than the older Intel processors. The reason behind this is that the processor is not soldered with IHS.
Now to keep the processor cool, we need a high-end CPU Cooler, especially if you are going to overclock the processor. These CPU coolers are specially designed to help get rid of the hot air flows inside the CPU and allow cool air to spread throughout to ensure that the whole system operates properly.
There are a number of air coolers for intel i7 8700k available in the market. These air coolers come in different designs, sizes, and prices. All these options make it difficult to choose the best one. Well, no need to worry as we have already done your homework. Check out the list below:
8 Best CPU Cooler for i7 8700k
1. be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Dark Rock 4 offers an extreme cooling performance and virtually inaudible operation. Perfect for overclocked systems and demanding workstations. The performance of Dark Rock 4 is one of the best. Whether you are running on stock or overclocked, Dark Rock 4 will get you great performance.
Its build quality is one of the finest you can find in a CPU cooler, and the design of this cooler is also great. Also, it is one of the quietest CPU coolers in the market. It also has support for almost all the CPU sockets. Overall, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 4 is a great investment for those who are looking to cool the Intel Core i7 8700K.
- Virtually inaudible Silent Wings 135mm PWM fan
- Achieves only 21.4dB(A) at maximum fan speed
- Six high-performance copper heat pipes
- Airflow-optimized, wave-contoured cooling fins
- Easily installable black installation kit can be mounted from above
- Supports an additional 120mm fan; clips are included in the scope of delivery
2. Cooler Master MasterAir MA410M
The MasterAir MA410M, Cooler Master’s flagship four-heat pipe cooler, equipped with thermal detection sensor and Addressable-RGB lighting effects. The MA410M inherits its excellent cooling performance and reliability from our Hyper series with our Continuous Direct Contact 2.0 technology.
The special aluminum fin hexagon cutout gives the cooler a unique Addressable-RGB glow, controllable through the provided controller. Thermal detection monitors CPU temperature and displays a change in temperature through color lighting. Dual MF120R fans provide a push-pull configuration to maximize CPU cooling.
- Hexagon hologram aluminum fin specialized hologram cutout for unique color lighting and excellent heat dissipation
- Thermal detection sensor CPU temperature monitored by a sensor and displayed through color lighting effects
- Air guide armor the specially designed Armor to guide the airflow and reduce dead spots
- 28 addressable RGB led fully addressable RGB that is certified to sync with RGB motherboard or controlled by master plus+
- Continuous Direct Contact Technology 2.0 (CDC 2. 0) by compressing heat pipes together, There is 45 percent more surface area on the cooler base, providing improved heat dissipation over the previous version
- CPU Socket Support: Intel LGA2066, LGA2011 v3, LGA2011, LGA1151, LGA1150, LGA1156, LGA1155, LGA1366, AMD AM4, AM3+,AM3, AM2+, AM2, FM2+, FM2, FM1
3. Reeven RC-1001b Brontes
The Reeven Brontes RC-1001 is perfect for HTPC or even a mini-ITX computer. The Reeven Brontes RC-1001 has proven to be good at both cooling powerful processors and doing so while making very little noise. More importantly, it does all this while measuring just 59mm tall with a fan.
Reeven has been able to effectively shrink down their award-winning designs, into something that will cater to the low-profile market. The Brontes is in impressive little product as it manages to incorporate many of the design aspects found on much more expensive and much bigger heatsinks.
The four 6mm thick copper heat pipes proved invaluable in this design, extracting the heat from the base and dispersing it through a series of aluminum fins. Making the design all that more effective is the 100mm fan support, which provides the CPU heatsink with a great deal of air-flow.
- Slim and Compact Design Only 59mm in Height for ITX, Small Formfactor Computers
- Quick and Easy for Installation and Maintenance
- 4 High-Quality Nickel Plated Heatpipes and Copper Base with 100mm PWM fan(650-2200rpm)
4. Noctua NH-U14S
The NH-U14S is the 14cm top model of Noctua’s classic U-series single tower CPU coolers, which have received more than 400 awards and recommendations from the international press.
While the large, six heat pipe design and the NF-A15 140mm fan with PWM support for fully automatic speed control allow the cooler to best the renowned quiet cooling performance of all other U-series coolers, its 52mm slim shape still assures full compatibility with tall RAM modules on LGA2011/LGA2066. T
opped off with the trusted, pro-grade SecuFirm2 multi-socket mounting system and Noctua’s proven NT-H1 thermal compound, the NH-U14S is a complete premium quality solution that combines superb performance, high compatibility, and quiet operation.
- Award-winning, slim 140mm single-tower design combines outstanding cooling performance with superb quietness of operation and excellent RAM compatibility
- Does not overhang the RAM slots on LGA2066 and LGA2011 motherboards, ensuring full compatibility with tall modules
- Highly optimized NF-A15 140mm fan with PWM support and Low-Noise Adaptor for automatic speed control and ultra-quiet operation
- Easy-to-install SecuFirm2 multi-socket mounting system for Intel LGA1150, LGA1151, LGA1155, LGA1156, LGA2011, LGA2066 & AMD AM2(+), AM3(+) FM1, FM2(+), AM4
- Renowned Noctua quality, deluxe choice for Intel Core i9, i7, i5, i3 (e.g. 9900K, 9700K, 8700K, 9980XE) and AMD Ryzen (e.g. 3900X, 3700X, 2700X, 2600X).
5. NZXT Kraken M22
The Kraken series features one of the most advanced controls to be included in an all-in-one liquid cooler. Through CAM’s software interface, users can fine-tune settings to ensure optimal performance, even in the most intense gaming sessions.
Everything, including the pump, radiator, and the fans, has been redesigned to bring you one of the greatest experiences in liquid cooling.
The Kraken M22 features two individually addressable RGB channels and our signature infinite-mirror effect for stunning lighting, using CAM’s intuitive controls. It includes precision engineered fans and premium build quality.
- ADVANCED LIGHTING MODES: With an infinity mirror design, add amazing color and lighting to your CPU cooler for a fully dynamic lighting experience
- ENGINEERED FOR PERFORMANCE: Engineered to achieve superior cooling while keeping noise levels to a minimum
- MASTER YOUR CONTROL: Using CAM, manage the performance with precision and make changes quickly, using the desktop or mobile app. You can even monitor pump speed and liquid temperature.
- ALL-NEW RADIATOR FANS: The Aer P radiator fans included are designed for liquid-cooling perfection; providing silent operation, durability, and powerful cooling performance
- REINFORCED EXTENDED TUBING: Fine nylon sleeves are added to strengthen the rubber tubing and act as a protective layer, shielding your Kraken cooler tubes from potential damage during handling
6. Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO
The CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i PRO is an all in one RGB liquid CPU cooler with a 240mm radiator built for low noise cooling performance and bold styling with an RGB LED pump head.
Two included 120mm ML Series magnetic levitation PWM fans provide great airflow and static pressure, with a wide PWM speed control range between 400 RPM and 2, 400 RPM.
Take control with CORSAIR iCue software and customize lighting, monitor temperatures and precisely adjust fan speeds, or stop cooling fans entirely with the H100i’s Zero RPM fan mode.
Easy to install and compatible with most major CPU sockets, the H100i makes it easy to cool your system in silence and style.
- Dynamic Multicolor RGB Lighting: Vibrant RGB LED pump head produces vivid lighting effects to match your build
- Powered by Magnetic Levitation: Two low noise 120 millimeter ML Series magnetic levitation PWM fans deliver incredible airflow and static pressure at low noise levels
- Powerful Software: CORSAIR iCue software allows you to adjust RGB lighting, individual fan speeds, and pump speed while monitoring CPU and coolant temperatures
- Zero RPM Mode: Zero RPM cooling profiles allow fans to stop entirely at low temperatures, completely eliminating fan noise; Radiator Material: Aluminum
7. EVGA CLC 280
The EVGA CLC 280 liquid CPU cooler has arrived! This new liquid cooler from EVGA gives you incredible performance, low noise, and robust software controls.
The full copper water block pulls the heat from your CPU to the radiator, where newly designed fans, featuring Teflon Nano Bearings, effortlessly disperse the heat. the CLC 280 offers premium sleeved tubing and fully controlled RGB LED to provide a sleek look.
- Premium Retention parts for Intel LGA2066/2011/2011-v3/1150/1151/1155/1156/1366 and AMD AM2/AM3/AM4/FM1/FM2/TR4 and upcoming variants. Compatible with current and future Intel and AMD sockets
- 280mm Dual Fan radiator. Radiator size: 312mm x 139mm x 27mm (LxWxH) fan Size: 140 x 140 x 25mm (x2)
- RGB LED’s can be synced to other EVGA RGB components
- Unique EVGA fan design for reducing noise without sacrificing performance
- Includes the software suite for monitoring and managing EVGA AIO’s, EVGA Flow Control. Pump noise level: 20db(a) (Max). Fan Noise Level=16.0 dB(A) (MIN) – 39.5 dB(A) (MAX)
8. Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO
The CORSAIR Hydro Series H150i PRO is an all in one RGB liquid CPU cooler with a 360mm radiator built for low noise cooling performance and bold styling with an RGB LED pump head.
Three included 120mm ML Series magnetic levitation PWM fans provide great airflow while producing no more than 25 dB of noise, pushing the performance of your build while staying whisper quiet.
Take control with CORSAIR iCue software and customize lighting, monitor temperatures and precisely adjust fan speeds, or stop the cooling fans entirely with the H150i’s Zero RPM fan mode.
Easy to install and compatible with most modern CPU sockets, the H150i makes it easy to cool your system in silence and style.
- Customizable RGB backlit pump head produces vivid lighting effects to match your build
- Powered by Magnetic Levitation: two Low Noise 140 millimeter ML series magnetic levitation PWM fans deliver incredible airflow and produce just 20 dB of noise at full speed
- Powerful software: Corsair iCUE software allows you to adjust RGB lighting, individual fan speeds, and pump speed while monitoring CPU and coolant temperatures
- Zero RPM mode: zero RPM cooling profiles allow fans to stop entirely at low temperatures, completely eliminating fan noise
Best CPU Cooler for i7 8700k – Final Verdict
After doing all the research we have identified Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO is the Best CPU Cooler for i7 8700k to buy due to the high build quality, multitude of connection options and stellar performance for the price.
The Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO packs just the right amount of features and high craftsmanship.
We hope that you have found this article to be helpful and learned some valuable knowledge to help you decide on the right CPU Cooler for i7 8700k.
Some of you may have read this guide and still find yourself confused or unsure of which CPU Cooler is best for your needs. Leave a comment below to get in touch and we will offer advice or a more detailed CPU Cooler recommendation based for you.
- 1 8 Best CPU Cooler for i7 8700k
- 2 1. be quiet! Dark Rock 4
- 3 2. Cooler Master MasterAir MA410M
- 4 3. Reeven RC-1001b Brontes
- 5 4. Noctua NH-U14S
- 6 5. NZXT Kraken M22
- 7 6. Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO
- 8 7. EVGA CLC 280
- 9 8. Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO
- 10 Best CPU Cooler for i7 8700k – Final Verdict