What are the Best Gravel Bikes Under 1000 USD? – A question by millions of Bike lovers. A lot of you probably know a lot about the Gravel Bikes. But for those who don’t know we are going to give a quick introduction.
Gravel bikes are popularly known as adventure bikes & all-rounder bikes. To sum up they are the superior version of mountain bikes. These bikes can handle terrains ranging from forest service roads to dirt, pavement and mellow roads. These all-rounder bikes are perfect for everyone, from daily commuters to adventure enthusiasts.
The key features of Gravel bikes include high volume tires to help smooth out rough roads. A more uptight seating position for better comfort over long rides. And multiple mounting points for extra gears and water.
Now, there are a lot of options for gravel bikes to buy depending upon the brand, quality & user reviews. But it’s a hectic work to choose the one perfect option for us. Don’t worry, we have got you covered. We here at EverydaysGadgets have shortlisted the 10 best Gravel Bikes Under 1000 USD that are the most popular options in terms of design, quality & user reviews.
10 Best Gravel Bikes Under 1000 Dollars
1. Schwinn Vantage RX 2 700c Gravel Adventure Bike
Versatile riders looking for a bike that can handle their go-everywhere lifestyle need a ride that’s more than just a one-hit-wonder. As fast as a road bicycle yet versatile enough to be an adventure touring bike, the 700c Schwinn vantage Rx2 is a durable road bike capable of wearing many different cycling hats.
The Vantage RX is the adventurists bike. A do-everything bike designed with rack-ready mounts for touring, fender mounts for commuting, and clearance up to 44c tire for gravel and pavement riding. The Vantage RX features SRT and a carbon sport fork to keep the ride lightweight and smooth. Take the road less traveled and let the adventure begin with the Schwinn Vantage RX.
The Vantage Gravel Adventure Bike Series comes in 4 frame sizes to accommodate a range of rider heights! This bike is number 1 on our list of best gravel bikes under 1000 USD.
- 45cm/Small Frame for Riders 5’3″-5’7″
- 48cm/Medium Frame for Riders 5’7″-5’10”
- 51cm/Large Frame for Riders 5’10”-6’1″
- 56cm/Large Frame for Riders 6’1″-6’4″
- Designed for intermediate to advanced riders who want to go further and faster on a high-performance bike. Suggested rider height range for the Vantage RX 2 is 6′ 1″ – 6′ 4″
- Schwinn Smooth Ride Technology adventure frame features an elastomer soft tail suspension that provides optimal comfort wherever your adventure takes you
- Shimano Sora 18-speed drivetrain offers a wide gear range & responsive shifting for varying terrain. Seatpost – Aluminum 350 mm 15 mm offset 27.2 mm
- Continental sport contact II 35C tires with safety breaker flat protection mounted to Alex DP21 alloy rims provide durability and give confidence in any terrain
- Schwinn Ergo endurance handlebar and carbon sport fork with disc mounts and alloy steerer add to the smooth, compliant ride; TRP Spyre C mechanical disc brakes provide solid braking in all conditions
2. Pure Cycles Adventure Gravel Disc Road Bike
Number 2 on our list of best gravel bikes under 1000 USD is Pure cycle adventure.. The Gravel Adventure Bike from Pure Cycles is a great bike for outdoors and is geared up to take you where you want to be, not where the roads want to take you. With beefy tires, tons of clearance, and mount points for all your racks, bags, and campsite-hauling needs.
These tough, versatile bikes feature a gravel-ready geometry that keeps you in control on loose surfaces and mounting points for all your add-ons. They’re also compatible with 650B tires so you can swap rims and rock monster tires for better traction.
Extremely well priced at just $699, this cracking steed from Pure Cycles will take any adventure in its stride and if you currently find yourself in the market for a new ride that doesn’t cost the earth but delivers an impeccable performance both on and off-road, you need look no further than the Gravel Adventure Bike.
- Lightweight adventure bike with super-strong 4130 Chromoly steel frameset; beefy Hutchinson Override tires (compatible with optional 650B wheels)
- 18-Speed Shimano Sora STI drivetrain delivers top-notch gearing for adventure gravel rides or commuting; front and rear alloy Promax disc brakes
- 3-piece FSA Vero Pro Adventure 48/32t crankset; tubeless-ready WTB STP i23 32-hole rims with stainless steel spokes and alloy hubs; 700 x 38C tires
- Adjustable drop bar with a variety of hand positions and gel-padded tape; performance-designed Selle Royal Rampage adventure saddle for extended rides
- Bike ships 90% assembled; available in six different sizes; backed by manufacturer’s lifetime warranty on frame
3. Mongoose Artery Expert Gravel Road Bike
Get yourself a ride that’s comfortable and durable like a mountain bike but still retains the quickness of your favorite road bike. The 700c Men’s Artery Expert by Mongoose is a versatile sport hybrid that will spice up your morning commute and still become your favorite weekend trail companion.
It rocks a Mongoose urban commuter aluminum frame with a Mongoose unicrown steel fork that works together for an invigorating fitness ride that’s also commuter-friendly.
Upright, comfortable riding is possible thanks to the added stability from the rims and big 700 cm tires, so you won’t need to see the chiropractor after every ride. Finally, the strong Shimano M171 28/38/48T crank makes the bike even more durable, promises easy, efficient pedal strokes and less maintenance on your end. Get out and ride – there’s nothing you can’t do on a Mongoose.
- Mongoose urban commuter aluminum frame with Mongoose unicrown steel fork combine to create a rugged fitness and commuter-oriented package
- Shimano Alivio/Acera 27-speed drivetrain with premium Acera shifters for smooth, reliable shifting
- Classic alloy linear-pull brakes with Shimano EF-500 brake levers provide crisp, efficient braking at a moment’s notice
- Light and strong Exposure MT-25 double-wall rims support Arisun Metro ZRS 700x38c (diameter x width) tires for added durability and stability
- A durable, tough Shimano M171 28/38/48T crank ensures efficient, easy pedaling and less pesky maintenance on your end
4. Schwinn Vantage F2 Sport Bike
Whether you’re a budding cycling enthusiast, trying to up your fitness or improve your morning commute, the 700c Schwinn vantage F2 is here to help. This sleek Sport hybrid doubles as a flat bar road bike for the perfect combination of durability, versatility and flat-out speed.
The key is the Schwinn smooth ride technology (s.R.T.) aluminum endurance frame. Srt inserts an elastomer isolation unit with 15 millimeters of travel between the seat stays and the seat tube for a little extra give, which works to dampen vibrations and absorb bumps without added bike weight.
You won’t lose any lateral stiffness, so SRT lets you ride harder and longer while maintaining an incredibly smooth ride. The 24-speed Shimano Acera/Altus drivetrain with Shimano ez-fire trigger Shifters offers a wide and versatile gear range, while Promax alloy mechanical disc brakes help you stop at a moment’s notice.
Rack and fender mounts conveniently let you customize the ride, ideal for daily commuters or weekend campers. The vantage F2 allows you to run errands, commute to work on a gravel road and get in your workout all on the same day. All Schwinn bikes come with a limited lifetime for as long as you own the bike. Enjoy the freedom of riding a Schwinn.
- Designed for intermediate to advanced riders who want to go further and faster on a high-performance bike. Suggested rider height range for the Vantage F2 is 5′ 7″ – 5′ 10″
- Schwinn Smooth Ride Technology frame features an elastomer soft tail suspension that provides optimal comfort wherever your adventure takes you
- Shimano 24-Speed Acera/Altus drivetrain with Shimano EZ-Fire trigger shifters for precise shifting and a wide, versatile gear range
- Kenda Kwest 32c tires mounted to Alex DC-26 double-wall alloy rims make a great combination for a fast and smooth-rolling ride
- Rack and fender mounts let you customize your ride to meet all your commuting and touring needs; Schwinn sport Ergo dual-density grips add comfort
5. Raleigh Bikes Willard 1 Gravel Adventure Road Bike
Raleigh’s Willard 1 is ready for any road in any condition, any time. Your taste for rough roads may never be sated, so the Willard keeps you going on a lightweight aluminum frame and carbon fork that takes the edge off the chatter. Front and rear thru-axles ensure that you can lay down the power and hold your line, even when that line is loose and sandy.
Weinmann lends their tough wheels to this all-day warrior, and Clement tires help you stick the corners with confidence on those long descents into the sunset. Shimano’s ever-reliable Sora drivetrain gets you going fast and slips quickly and effortlessly into the right gear when the gravel gets steep. The Willard is topped off with Raleigh’s durable aluminum components to keep you ticking off mile after mile
- Lightweight aluminum frame and fork designed for riding comfortably on unpaved roads
- Shimano Claris 8 speed shifters provide 16 gears to choose from
- Tektro Lyra mechanical disc brakes offer great stopping power in inclement weather
- Clement X’Plor USH 700x35c tires handle well on gravel and pavement
- Pedals included; limited lifetime warranty on the frame for as long as the original retail purchaser owns the bicycle
6. Diamondback Bicycles Haanjo 2 Gravel Adventure Bike
The Haanjo 2 is a well-priced gravel grinder with surprisingly good components at just $800.The Haanjo 2 bike is built around an all-aluminum frame and steel fork. The bike comes with a 2×8 drivetrain, powered by Shimano Claris shifters and derailleurs. It’s equipped with large, smooth 700x37c gravel/concrete specific tires and rugged aluminum rims and steel spokes.
For braking, it utilizes Tektro mechanical disc brakes with 160/140mm rotors (front/back). All of this is finished off with Hed Eroica handlebars and Seatpost. It also includes DB branded alloy pedals and cranks.
The Haanjo 2 is clearly designed for gravel, and it handles it beautifully. The sturdy frame paired with somewhat relaxed and stable geometry allowed for excellent corning and stable, fast descents. The smooth, easy-rolling tires provide excellent traction, even when the gravel begins to turn slightly muddy, and the lack of rolling resistance makes climbing and descending on rough gravel roads more enjoyable.
- Aluminum alloy frame with endurance geometry for durability and all-day riding comfort
- DB gravel disc steel fork features fender and low-rider rack mounts
- Reliable shifting performance courtesy of Shimano Claris 2×8 speed drivetrain
- Tetra lira mechanical disc brakes are strong and reliable
- Pedals included; limited lifetime warranty on the frame for as long as the original retail purchaser owns the bicycle
7. Populo Quest Gravel Bike
Urban streets and gravel roads are what the Populo Quest was designed to conquer. The Quest is a bike that can have multiple personalities and be ready for whatever roads you want to take it on. With its 4130 Chromoly steel frame and fork, disc brakes, and Shimano Claris groupset, it doesn’t matter what trail or type of weather you’re riding in, you can ride in confidence. Let the Populo Quest expand the roads you ride.
The quest is equipped with disc brakes, so no matter what trail or type of weather you’re riding in, you can stop on a dime. Shimano’s proven Claris groupset means you have reliable shifting and braking every time and the wide range of gearing that comes standard on the quest means you can pack this mule with as many bags and storage options as you’ll need for your next adventure ride. Let the populo quest expand the roads you ride.
- Durable 4130 double butted Cro-Mo steel
- Shimano Claris 16-speed drivetrain
- Disc brakes for great stopping power
- Perfect for urban and gravel roads
- Frame and fork eyelets make it easy to mount rack and fenders
8. Retrospec AMOK Urban Gravel Bike
Combine technical sophistication and unrivaled agility and you have Amok v3 8-Speed UrbanGravel/Commuter Bike. This 8-speed urban warrior transitions from smooth streets to uneven pavement with ease. This build is lightweight, sleek, and optimized for quick gear transitions and road variations. Amok v3 8-Speed is designed with race-ready geometry for an equally smooth ride down freshly paved streets and rough mountain roads.
Ideal for the urban dweller turned weekend explorer. Amok v3 8-speed easily transitions from commuting to cruising with its 700x40C Innova tires. These durable, dual-purpose tires handle path to pavement shifts like a dream. A Shimano Acera 8-speed derailleur and Rapid Fire thumb shifter help you keep riding with fast and smooth gear changes.
- 6061 Aluminum Alloy frame
- Shimano Acera 8-Speed Derailleur and Shimano Rapid Fire shifter
- Aluminum Alloy 30mm Rise Handlebars
- 700C Aluminum Alloy Double Wall Rim and Innova Dual Purpose tread tires
- Tektro Mechanical Disc Brakes for effortless and responsive braking
9. Diamondback Haanjenn 3 Women’s Bike
Number 8 on our list of best gravel bikes under 1000 US Dollars is Diamondback Haanjenn 3. The Haanjenn 3 isn’t restricted to anyone kind of riding. It’s both a capable, fast road bike and a gravel bike ready for all-day treks into the wild. The Haanjenn 3’s slightly slack geometry, upright position, wide bars, and longer wheelbase combine to provide stability and control along with a snappy feel.
With sizing down to 47cm and a women’s saddle, the Haanjenn 3 fits a wide range of female riders, from 5’1” to 5’11”. Mounts for fenders and racks on the frame and fork mean this bike can do double- (or triple- ) duty as a commuter bike. The Haanjenn 3 is a go-anywhere bike in the truest sense. Where you take it, that’s entirely up to you.
The Haanjo is never going to be a bike for everyone, but it is a fantastic bike for many people. It offers amazing value and can easily replace a ‘cross, road and mountain bike in your garage for less than you might spend on any one of them.
- Women’s-specific frame made from butted and formed aluminum with Endurance Geometry for all-day riding comfort
- Our lightweight alloy Gravel Disc fork provides steering precision
- Shimano Sora drivetrain provides 18 crisply shifting gear combinations
- Tektro Lyra mechanical disc brakes pair well with Shimano Sora brake levers to give you the consistent stopping power
- WTB Riddler Comp 700x37c tires for great performance on gravel roads and loose corners
10. Tommaso Sentiero Gravel Adventure Bike
The Tommaso Sentiero is last on our list of best gravel bikes under 1000 Dollars. It was designed with freedom and exploration in mind, allowing riders the versatility to go where no road bike has gone before. For 2019, this is truer than ever with upgraded BB5 disc brakes and ultra-stable and wide 40c tires. Finally, we use a full Shimano Claris drivetrain, the bike functions smooth, with precision shifting when you need it most!
- DURABLE AND RELIABLE: Now with wider 700x40c tires for increased versatility and stability! Aluminum Compact Frame combined with an SST Steel Fork for Maximum Durability, backed up with our industry-leading Lifetime Frame & Fork Warranty.
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE & SPEED: 3×8 Shimano Claris Groupset, featuring a 30/39/50T Claris crankset and 12x25T Claris cassette. Perfect for varying and rugged terrain, from flats to hills to rocky climbs, offering a wide range of gears for all levels of riders in all conditions
- RUGGED, ALL-TERRAIN CAPABILITIES: Tommaso TC-20D rims and offer the rugged durability of a 28 spoke rim that can handle all types of terrain and keep rolling. And now for 2019, we have added wider 700x 40c tires. The Sentiero is also equipped with Avid BB5 disc brakes for added stopping power in adverse weather conditions, making this bike perfect for all weather and terrain conditions.
- OPTIMIZED FIT FOR ADDED COMFORT: Compact frame geometry and premium compact handlebars offer increased power and comfort in a sleek package. Every part of the Sentiero is designed for maximum comfort and efficiency, so you are getting the most out of every ride, whether it is 10 miles or 100 miles
- PROFESSIONAL ASSEMBLY REQUIRED: To ensure optimal performance and to validate the warranties of your new bike we recommend that you have it professionally assembled before riding.
Best Gravel Bikes Under 1000 USD – Conclusion
After doing all the research we have identified Schwinn Vantage RX as the Best Gravel Bikes Under 1000 to buy due to the high build quality, multitude of connection options and stellar performance for the price. The Schwinn Vantage RX packs just the right amount of features and high craftsmanship while remaining within a $1000 budget.
We hope that you have found this article to be helpful and learned some valuable knowledge to help you decide on the right Gravel bike.
Some of you may have read this guide and still find yourself confused or unsure of which Gravel Bike is best for your needs. Leave a comment below to get in touch and we will offer advice or a more detailed recommendation.