Best Motherboard for Ryzen 7 2700x – AMD released Ryzen 7 2700x on their 50th anniversary. Ryzen 7 2700X is an 8 core processor with 16 threads and is one of the most powerful gaming processors in the market. it is a very capable processor for handling, multiple tasks and is the best choice for high-end gaming systems.
But to use Ryzen 7 2700X at its full potential you need a good motherboard that really goes with this processor and lets you use the full potential of the processor. Now choosing a motherboard is a challenging task. There is a lot more to deciding than just ensuring that it is compatible with the processor.
There are other factors involved like you have to make sure that it supports the amount of RAM appropriate for your new processor and also allows for a cooling system to be installed for regular or overclocking.
It’s not that much necessary to buy a very expensive motherboard as there are some budget and mid-end boards that will let you gain around 90-95% performance as compared to the very high-end motherboards.
In this article, we have covered some of the best motherboards for Ryzen 7 2700X. This roundup is going to be really helpful for those who are looking to buy a good motherboard. Regardless of the Ryzen motherboard, you are going to go with.
Best Motherboard for Ryzen 7 2700x
|ASUS ROG Strix X470-F|
|ASUS ROG Strix X470-I|
|GIGABYTE AORUS GA-AX370|
|Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero|
|MSI X370 XPOWER|
|ASUS ROG Crosshair VI|
1. ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Experience next-level performance and personalization options with the ROG Strix X470-F Gaming, powered by AMD Ryzen 2 AM4 processors. Unlock full calibration and customization with 5-Way Optimization featuring Fan Xpert 4, Aura Sync RGB lighting and 3D printing mounts. Onboard dual NVMe M.2 and front-panel USB 3.1 Gen2 delivers maximum connectivity speeds.
The ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING is a pretty great motherboard that is available in the market. You can easily get the best possible features, and it would certainly suit the Ryzen 7 2700X with ease.
- Powered by AMD Ryzen 2 AM4 and 7th generation Athlon processors to maximize connectivity and speed with dual NVMe M.2, front panel USB 3.1 Gen2 and Gigabit LAN
- 5 Way Optimization with Auto-Tuning and Fan Xpert 4 automatically tailors overclocking profiles to your unique build for maximum OC performance and dynamic system cooling
- Unmatched personalization with ASUS exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, two RGB headers, and one addressable RGB header
- The pre-mounted I/O shield ensures streamlined installation and represents ROG’s attention to detail and quality. ROG RAMCache II. 256 Megabytes Flash ROM. Operating System Windows 10 64 bit
- Industry-leading 8 channel HD audio driven by Japanese capacitors features an onboard LED-illuminated design
2. ASUS ROG Strix X470-I Gaming
Experience next-gen performance with the mini-ITX ROG Strix X470-I Gaming, powered by AMD Ryzen AM4 2 processors. Unleash your system’s full power using 5-Way Optimization and outshine the competition with customizable Aura Sync RGB lighting. Dual M.2, onboard 802.11ac WiFi and USB 3.1 Gen2 deliver maximum connectivity speeds.
The motherboard does come with a fairly advanced as well as some great basic features. For starters, this is a mini-ITX motherboard; and while it is small, it backs a lot of power in terms of features.
- Powered by AMD Ryzen 2 AM4 and 7th generation Athlon processors
- 5-Way Optimization with Auto-Tuning and FanXpert 4
- Unmatched Personalization with ASUS exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting
- M.2 audio combo card
- 8-channel HD audio with ROG exclusive SupremeFX S1220A codec
3. GIGABYTE AORUS GA-AX370-Gaming 5
There are some great things about this motherboard; despite being the cost of a mid-range motherboard, you get some amazing functionality out of this motherboard. Whatever you need is available from RGB lights to M.2 connectivity; the motherboard does provide you with everything.
the GIGABYTE AORUS AX370-GAMING 5 is a great motherboard for Ryzen 7 2700X. Whether you are looking for overclocking, or you just want a motherboard that gives you the basic options, it still is a great option.
- Socket AM4, Supports New Generation AMD Ryzen Processors; Swappable Overlay for Accent LED
- Dual-Channel DDR4, 4 DIMMs, Ultra-Fast PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 with PCIe NVMe & SATA mode support
- Realtek ALC 1220 *2 for Both Front & Rear 120dB SNR. RGB FUSION with Multi-Zone LED Light Show design
- Operating system: 1.Support for Windows 10 64-bit, 2.Support for windows 7 64-bit
- Smart Fan 5 features Multiple Temperature Sensors and Hybrid Fan Headers
4. Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero
Powered by AMD Ryzen (AM4), the ROG Crosshair VI Hero strikes the perfect balance for gamers and enthusiasts alike with features they need, the performance they crave, and easy-to-use interfaces for complete system control.
The overclocking on this motherboard is among the best you can get; that combined with the 12 phase VRM design makes up for a great champion that will certainly complement your Ryzen 7 2700X.
For anyone who is in need of the good number of USB ports, the ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO is certainly the one to offer you that, and the best part is that if you are looking for RGB lighting or multi-GPU setup, you can get that from this motherboard as well.
- Powered by AMD Ryzen AM4, 7th Generation Athlon and HD 2000 series processors to maximize connectivity and speed with NVMe M.2, front panel USB 3.1 and Gigabit LAN
- 5-Way Optimization featuring Auto-Tuning and FanXpert 4 provides automatic overclocking profiles for maximum OC performance while AIO and water-cooling headers deliver dynamic system cooling
- Two patent-pending Safe Slots feature an injection molding process that integrates metal framing for a stronger, firmly anchored PCIe slot built for heavyweight GPUs
- Unmatched Personalization with Asus exclusive AURA Sync RGB lighting and 3D-printing friendly mounts
- Industry-leading 8-channel HD audio with the ROG exclusive SupremeFX S1220 driven by Japanese capacitors.Best gaming connectivity: M.2, USB 3.1 front-panel connector and both USB 3.1 Type-A/C
5. GIGABYTE X470 AORUS Gaming 7 WIFI
The GIGABYTE X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI is one of the best looking motherboards available in the market, especially if you are looking for RGB lighting, because of the lighting on this motherboard is among the best.
The spec sheet of the motherboard is also impressive, with a ton of ports, as well as connectivity options, whether you want to add M.2 drives or other storage devices, there are enough connectivity options available for you.
- Supports AMD Ryzen 1st & 2nd Gen
- Dual-Channel DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- 10+2 Phase IR Digital PWM Design
- Fins-Array Heatsink & Direct Touch Heatpipe
- 2-Way CrossFire/ SLI Graphics Support
- Intel 802.11ac Wave2 2T2R WIFI & BT 5
- ALC1220-VB & Built-in ESS SABRE DAC
- Dual Ultra-Fast M.2 with Dual Thermal Guard
- RGB FUSION w/ Multi-zone LED Light Show Design
- Integrated Base Plate & I/O Shield Armor
- Intel Ethernet LAN with cFOS Speed
- Rear Power/Reset/Clear CMOS Button
6. MSI X370 XPOWER Gaming Titanium
The MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM is a great gaming motherboard that suits well for the Ryzen 7 2700X. The motherboard has great overclocking capabilities that you get, all thanks to MSI’s solid design that makes it amazing. The looks of the motherboard are great as well, so you are getting something great from this purchase.
There are a lot of USB ports that you can get from this motherboard so if you have a lot of USB devices to connect, you will have an easier experience. The 12-phase VRM design is also a great thing to have and offers great stability that is not easily available otherwise.
- Stay Cool While Gaming
- Vr Boost Accelerator Chip
- Amplify Your Game With Audio Boost
- DDR4 Boost
- Fortify Your System With PCI-E Steel Armor
7. ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
Powered by AMD Ryzen (AM4), the ROG Crosshair VI Extreme strikes the perfect balance for gamers and enthusiasts, combining powerful features with the industry-leading performance of 5-Way Optimization and Auto-Tuning for complete system control. Dynamic AURA Sync RGB lighting with additional headers delivers unmatched personalization options to outshine the competition.
- Aura Sync RGB LED: Stunning synchronized effects and two Aura 4-pin RGB-strip headers
- SupremeFX: Exclusive new codec plus intuitive Sonic Studio III and Sonic Radar III
- Compatible with both AM3/AM4 coolers
- ROG Water Cooling Zone: Dominate your cooling system
- 5-Way Optimization: One-click system-wide overclocking.
- Best gaming networking: Intel Gigabit Ethernet, LANGuard and GameFirst technologies
- Connectivity: M.2, USB 3.1 front-panel connector and both USB 3.1 Type-A/C
- Best gaming durability: Safe slot and premium components for maximum durability
8. ASRock X370 Professional Gaming Socket
If you are looking to overclock your Ryzen 7 2700X, you will be happy to know that the ASROCK FATAL1TY X370 PROFESSIONAL GAMING is among the most stable ones available thanks to the fact that it comes with a 16-phase VRM, one of the highest VRM-phase designs we have seen so far.
The motherboard looks great, and even when you are not overclocking it, the motherboard is still extremely stable.
- 4x DDR4-2667/ 2400/ 2133 DIMM Slots, Dual Channel, ECC, Non-ECC, Unbuffered, Max Capacity of 64GB;Supports Creative Sound Blaster Cinema 3
- 2x USB 3.1 Ports (1 Type-A, 1 Type-C), 10x USB 3.0 Ports (6 rear, 4 via headers), 4x USB 2.0 Ports (via headers), 1x PS/2 Mouse/Keyboard Port, 2x Antenna Ports, 1x Optical SPDIF Out Port, 2x RJ45 LAN Ports, Audio I/O Jacks
- Supports AMD AM4 Socket Ryzen Series CPUs (Summit Ridge)
- 2x PCI-Express 3.0 x16 Slots (one runs at x8), 1x PCI-Express 2.0 x16 Slots (runs at x4), 2x PCI-Express 2.0 x1 Slots
- 10x SATA3 Ports, eight Support RAID 0, 1, 10; 1x Ultra M.2 Port
Best Motherboard for Ryzen 7 2700x – Final Verdict
After doing all the research we have identified ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming as the Best Motherboard for Ryzen 7 2700x to buy due to the high build quality, multitude of connection options and stellar performance for the price. The ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming packs just the right amount of features and high craftsmanship while remaining within budget.
We hope that you have found this article to be helpful and learned some valuable knowledge to help you decide on the right Motherboard for Ryzen 7 2700x.
Some of you may have read this guide and still find yourself confused or unsure of which Motherboard for Ryzen 7 2700x is best for your needs. Leave a comment below to get in touch and we will offer advice or a more detailed recommendation based on you.