Finding the Best pocket knife under 50 dollars might seem to be a little tough nowadays for both newbies and professionals.
There are a lot of factors that you can consider while choosing the best knife. Factor like blade steel, shape, deployment method, handle material, weight, and size, it’s easy to get overwhelmed.
At the high priced end of the market, you generally know you’re getting a good quality knife but many of us just want a decent, low budget EDC that we don’t have to plow our life savings into.
Well, you would be happy to know that we have tested more than 100 knives under the budget of $50. We have considered all the factors mentioned above while choosing the best recommendations for you and help you make a better choice.
So, Let’s have a look at our list of best Knives.
Our List of 10 Best Pocket Knife Under 50 USD
1. Ontario Knife OKC Rat Ii Sp-Black Folding Knife
The immensely popular RAT folders are among OKC’s top-selling products. Featuring versatile AUS-8 stainless steel and a nylon handle, the RAT folder comes in a variety of styles including different blades and handle colors. The RAT folders are an ideal and affordable everyday carry.
- Made in the USA and Imported
- Blade Thickness: 0.095″; Blade Grind: Full Flat Taper; Blade Finish: Satin; Blade Color: Silver; Blade Material: AUS-8 Stainless Steel; Blade Length: 3″
- Handle Material: Nylon 6 Handle Color: Black; Lock Type: Liner Lock
- Closed Length: 4.1″ (10.4 cm); Weight: 2.8 oz.
- The handle features textured black nylon 6 scales with an open-built steel liner lock frame
- This knife is designed for comfort and performance
- Ambidextrous with dual thumb studs and a 4-way reversible pocket clip
2. Kershaw 3.1″ Stainless Steel Blade Pocket Knife
Dominating the everyday carry, folding pocket knife market, Kershaw creates high-quality, high-performance, exceptional, working tools and knives affordable to all consumers. Kershaw always chooses appropriate, top-notch materials and is dedicated to intensive craftsmanship of hardworking pocketknives, hunting knives, or special collectors’ editions. Kershaw’s advanced technology and innovative design combine to create solid, crafted, reliable knives users are proud to carry.
- 3.1” blade made of high-performance Sandvik 14C28N stainless steel, offers excellent strength, corrosion and wear resistance
- Lightweight G-10 handle scales offer a secure grip with texture and a deep index-finger contour
- The drop-point blade offers good balance and a strong, hard tip. The rugged Stonewash finish is capable of hiding scratches and fingerprints
- The perfect EDC for cutting tasks such as opening difficult packages, breaking down boxes, removing zip-ties, cleaning small game, aggressive animal defense, slicing fruit, and stripping small wire
- An excellent gift idea for any hunter, hiker, hobbyist, carpenter, angler, backpacker or any knife enthusiast in need of a highly reliable, American made a pocket folder
3. Gerber Ripstop I Knife
The Ripstop I & Ripstop II are super-lightweight frame lock concepts that deliver bold strength and high functionality.
The weight of the all stainless steel construction knife is made lighter by the intriguing handle and blade design. There’s no bulk in the thin, streamlined handle. Dual thumb studs make opening the blade a snap. Closing it is a simple one-handed step.
- With a super-lightweight frame lock design, this knife delivers surprising strength and functionality
- The streamlined handle adds no bulk to the slim profile, making it the perfect mate for your pocket
- Opening and closing are a cinch with dual thumb studs
- Overall Length: 5.75″
- Weight: 2.0 oz
4. Opinel No7 Carbon Steel Folding Pocket Knife
Simple and beautiful, sharp and durable, the Carbon folding knife is an international bestseller. Tuck it into your pocket for a picnic. Keep it in your desk for workday lunches. Carve into charcuterie, cheese, or a crisp apple, or whittle a stick for campfire s’mores. Opinel knives are designed to stand the test of time; some carry Opinel knives handed down from parents and grandparents. Follow a few simple instructions to ensure your knife lasts for years to come.
- This essential tool is unchanged since 1890 and is a must-have for outdoorsmen and handymen alike
- The Stainless Virobloc safety ring has two sections, one fixed and one sliding for secure locking
- Opinel’s carbon steel is extremely hard, thereby guaranteeing excellent cutting quality
- The handle is made from hard, durable Beechwood from France
- Opinel products are guaranteed under normal use and exchanged in case of manufacturing defects
5. Kershaw Cryo II Pocket Knife
A Rick Hinderer knife, the Cryo series of knives are results of a collaboration between Hinderer and the designers of Kershaw. Skillfully crafted and beautifully designed, the Cryo is built of pure stainless steel coated in titanium carbo-nitride for a no-fuss, no-frills, sleek knife. The Cryo is designed with EMTs, police officers and first responders in mind. A sturdy knife that is aesthetically pleasing and feels great in the hand, the Cryo offers users a secure blade lockup using a tough frame lock and SpeedSafe Assisted Opening accessed using either a flipper or thumb stud.
- 3.25” high-performance 8Cr13MoV stainless steel blade features excellent toughness, edge retention, and corrosion resistance
- Stainless steel handle features SpeedSafe assisted opening with flipper, secure frame lock, 4-position deep-carry pocket clip
- Titanium carbo-nitride coating helps maintain the edge and increases the blade’s hardness and longevity of blade and handle
- Sleek, rugged-looking; easily carried in pockets, purses, jackets, on belts, or around the neck on a lanyard with the predrilled attachment point
- Capable companion for any backpacker, hunter, wilderness guide, angler, gardener, or anyone in need of a sturdy everyday pocket carry
- Blade Length: 3.25 in. (8.3 cm) Closed Length: 4.4 in. (11.1 cm) Overall Length: 7.75 in. (19.7 cm) Weight: 5.5 oz. (155.9 g)
6. Spyderco Tenacious Folding Knife
Being tenacious means one holds fast. It means being tough and tireless until achieving your goal: all knife-worthy definitions for a worthy knife. The mid-sized Tenacious has a black G-10 laminate handles, milled with prolonged fatigue-free cutting in mind. Tucked inside are skeletonized steel liners increasing the handle’s rigidity and strength without adding weight or bulky thickness.
- TENACIOUS – This admirable quality is vividly reflected in this knife, a mid-sized folding knife packed with both performance and value. Its leaf-shaped blade is full-flat ground from 8Cr13MoV stainless steel and has a Trademark Round Hole.
- G-10 HANDLE – An epoxy-filled woven glass fiber that is rigid, non-slip, and impervious to temperature changes and chemicals.
- PLAINEDGE BLADE – This knife has a sharpened blade with no serrations or teeth sometimes referred to as a smooth blade.
- FULL-FLAT GRIND – This knife features a blade ground with flat bevels that extend from the spine all the way to the cutting edge. This grind reduces drag during cutting and decreases overall weight.
- SPECIFICATIONS – Closed Length (Inches): 4.38, Overall Length (Inches): 7.77, Blade Length (Inches):3.39, Blade Steel: 8Cr13MoV, Grind: Full-Flat
7. Cold Steel Pro Lite Tanto folding knife
The Cold Steel Pro-Lite was developed with one clear aim. To offer a folding knife with all of the strength and durability that our fans and customers have come to expect from Cold Steel products but at an even more affordable price! designed by celebrated custom knife maker Andrew DEMKO, the Pro-Lite features a high satin polished 4116 stainless steel blade (in either clip point or tanto point configurations) that will take a very sharp edge, while still being incredibly easy to re-sharpen in the field.
- Introducing our new Cold Steel Pro Lite knife which is designed by celebrated custom knife maker Andrew Demko enhancing its durability.
- Cold steel tanto knife features a high satin Polished 4116 stainless steel blade making it more efficient.
- A tactical knife is Equipped with our groundbreaking TRI-AD lock
- Quality is assured of this hunting pocket knife and maintained up-to current market standards making each penny spent worth it.
- If you are looking for a tough, high-performance folding knife that won’t break the Bank your search is over this thin pocket knife will fulfill your all requirements.
8. Victorinox Pocket Knife
- Crafted from the highest quality materials
- Built for performance and durability
- Made in Switzerland
9. Boker Plus 01BO600 Nano Folding Knife
The design of the Boker Plus Nano forges ahead on completely new ground, and David Curtiss won us over with his design at first glance. The Nano shows very clearly that size and usability are not directly related.
- 1-7/8 in. straight edge blade constructed of 440C stainless steel
- Removable pocket clip (tip-up/tip-down carry)
- Frame lock mechanism to prevent accidental closing
- 1-7/8 in. blade length. 4-3/4 in. overall length. 2.9 oz. weight
- Limited lifetime warranty
10. SOG Folding Pocket Knife Twitch II Tactical Knife
Trust the SOG Twitch II to fit into any pocket, pack or purse. SOG, based in Seattle, WA, created this knife for people who want a beautiful knife that fits into everyday life.
- 2.65 INCH AUS-8 STAINLESS STEEL KNIVES: This ultra-sharp knife is a discreet emergency knife, hunting knife and everyday pocket knife for men or women; measures 3.55 inches in closed length with model number: TWI8-CP
- SOG ASSISTED TECH (S.A.T.): Makes a great everyday carry, camping knife and an outdoor knife; assisted opening knife system opens this straight edge clip knife one-handed
- FOLDING KNIFE “KICK”: Release this fast opening knife with either hand using very little pressure; flick the EDC tactical folding knife “kick” on the back of the Twitch II and the folding knife into action
- TOUGH ALUMINUM HANDLE: These tough utility knives, camping knives, and survival knives offer strength and durability with a hard-anodized aluminum handle
- SOG KNIVES FOR LIFE: Take care of your pocket knife and we’ll take care of you; SOG folding knives and pocket knives are built to last, and we consider all repair and replacement requests
- 1 Our List of 10 Best Pocket Knife Under 50 USD
- 2 1. Ontario Knife OKC Rat Ii Sp-Black Folding Knife
- 3 2. Kershaw 3.1″ Stainless Steel Blade Pocket Knife
- 4 3. Gerber Ripstop I Knife
- 5 4. Opinel No7 Carbon Steel Folding Pocket Knife
- 6 5. Kershaw Cryo II Pocket Knife
- 7 6. Spyderco Tenacious Folding Knife
- 8 7. Cold Steel Pro Lite Tanto folding knife
- 9 8. Victorinox Pocket Knife
- 10 9. Boker Plus 01BO600 Nano Folding Knife
- 11 10. SOG Folding Pocket Knife Twitch II Tactical Knife