Best Spinning Reel Under 100 USD – For those who love to do bass fishing, having a good spinning real is a real asset. What spinning real you use has a direct relation with your success or failure in bass fishing. After consulting with some professionals anglers, we came to know that the best spinning reels costs under $100 which make them really affordable.
Buty with tons of options available in the market it is hard to decide which one you should buy. But don’t worry as we have already done your homework for you. We made a list of the 10 Best spinning reel under 100 USD, making it easy for you to narrow down your options.
All the spinning reels that we have reviewed here are manufactured by trusted and reputable brands. Hence, the quality and performance will not be an issue. And all the spinning reels on the list are unique in their own way so you will surely find something to suit your fishing style.
10 Best Spinning Reel Under 100 USD
|Abu Garcia Revo X|
|KastKing Sharky III|
|Kalex Spinning Reel|
|RUNCL TITAN I|
1. Daiwa Bg Spinning Reel
The next generation of the popular BG series Spinning reel has gotten leaner and meaner. Super duty, oversized gears put the competition in the rearview mirror. Hardbody aluminum body and side cover provide strength in the form of corrosion and scratch resistance. Lightweight Air Rotor weighs 15 percent less than ordinary rotor designs. Its unique shape reduces unnecessary weight while distributing stress more evenly throughout the rotor for maximum strength.
Dynamic Cut aluminum ABS Spool maximized core diameter and reversed taper mean 100 percent useable line. ABS causes less casting friction for longer and easier casting. The waterproof carbon ATD drag system allows for smooth no-stick performance when the “big one” takes a run. Braid line ready spool. Daiwa’s Screw-in-handle design provides zero movements or play between the main gear and handle arm. This lack of movement offers the angler both confidence and control when rotating the handle.
- Black Anodized Machined Aluminum Housing (“Hard Bodyz” Body & Side Cover), Over-sized Digigear (Digigear System)
- Solid Screw-In Handle, Air Rotor, Dynamic Cut Aluminum ABS Spool
- Braided Line Ready Spool, Waterproof Drag System, Carbon ATD, Line Per Handle Turn: 38.5″
- Manual Return Bail (4500 and Larger), 6BB+1RB, Gear Ratio: 5.6:1, Drag Max:17.6
- Line Capacity (Lb. Test / Yards): 10/240, 12/210, 14/170 J-BRAID: 20/310, 30/230, 40/150
- Infinite Anti-Reverse System (4000 and Smaller), Infinite Dual Anti-Reverse System (4500 and Larger)
2. Penn Fierce Spinning Reel
The Penn Fierce II is a spinning reel designed for a powerful tackle. Penn Fierce is crafted with equipped with some amazing features like durable aluminum housing and graphite rotor high-grade materials. If you want some reliable performance but cannot spend more than $100 on a fishing reel then this might be the perfect tool for you.
It features five ball bearings to give you the smoothest usage. The internal parts are all enclosed in a full metal body with a stainless steel main beam. To ensure easy operation and the best results even on a day with the harshest weather conditions, the reel comes with an instant anti-reverse bearing and high-quality aluminum bail wire, and it will help you tackle your targeted species with the least effort from your side.
The super line spool is braided line ready with a braid capacity YD/LB of 160/6 130/8 110/10, and mono capacity YD/LB of 275/2 135/4 105/6. The oiled felt drag system on the Penn Fierce II has a maximum drag of 7lb. For its price, this reel casts smooth and will add value to your collection of fishing equipment.
- Full metal body and side plate keep precise gear alignment under heavy loads
- Techno-Balanced rotor gives smooth retrieves
- 4 shielded stainless steel ball bearings
- Instant anti-reverse bearing
- HT-100 carbon fiber drag washers. Heavy-duty aluminum bail wire. Superline spool. Line capacity rings
3. Abu Garcia Revo X Spinning Fishing Reel
Lightweight, compact design built for the discerning angler. The MGX legacy continues with the addition of the MGX spinning reel platform. To achieve super-lightweight performance, construction starts with a unique X-Mag magnesium alloy one-piece gearbox design. The addition of a C6 carbon stem and rotor cut down on weight without sacrificing strength.
Premium aluminum machined gears provide outstanding gear feel, durability, and performance. A 10+1 HPCR bearing system delivers exceptional corrosion resistance and super-smooth operation. When only the best will do, look no further than the Revo MGX spinning reel.
- 6 stainless steel HPCR bearings + 1 roller bearing provides increased corrosion protection
- Carbon matrix Hybrid drag System for Super smooth reliable drag performance
- Im-c6 (insert molded C6) body design combines an X-Crafty gearbox design with a C6 carbon body, which gives a lightweight construction that houses gears in perfect alignment
- Lightweight graphite rotor
- Rocket line management System provides better control of all types of fishing lines
4. Piscifun Spinning Reel
The Venom is an excellent reel for saltwater fishing for two reasons: one- its lightweight graphite frame and 10 anti-corrosion stainless steel bearings can withstand the harsh conditions of saltwater and two- the premium carbon fiber drag system which offers up to 13.2 lbs of maximum power can tackle even the toughest fighting fish. But this reel isn’t only for saltwater fishing; it can handle freshwater fishing just as well.
A sealed rubber ring in the drag reduces the risk of corrosion and ensures smooth operation by keeping all dust particles, moisture, and sand at bay. The braid capacity is 1000 | 10lb/180yds | and has a retrieve of 19.7 inches per turn of a handle.
- Braid Ready – CNC Machined aluminum braid ready spool allows braid to be tied directly to the spool without any slip
- Light Weight – Graphite body and rotor provides a LONG-LASTING lightweight design for without sacrificing strength and durability
- Unparalleled STOPPING POWER – The spinning reel features a superior THREE carbon fiber drag system offering up to 26.5LBS of fish stopping power, making the venom an excellent choice for both fresh and saltwater anglers
- Butter Smooth – 10+1 anti-corrosion stainless steel bearings plus reinforced alloy drive gear, stronger precision brass gears, reinforced body, and a stainless steel main shaft in the fishing spinning reel give you smooth, dependable, silent performance
- Anti-corrosion – The fishing reel features Sealed Rubber Ring in the drag to stop moisture and fight against corrosion. This makes the venom’s drag smoother and more durable than the competitors
5. KastKing Sharky III Fishing Reel
The all NEW KastKing Sharky III spinning fishing reel is lighter, smoother, and stronger! This KastKing Sharky III spinning reel with its amazing high efficiency triple disc carbon fiber drag to 39.5 lbs, 10+1 shielded stainless steel bearings, braid fishing line ready aluminum spool, precision manganese brass alloy gear, fiber-reinforced body, and an oversized stainless steel main shaft creates a perfect spinning rod and reel combo in sizes 1000 – 5000 that provides brute force for fighting larger game fish.
KastKing’s new shark fin vented, braid fishing line ready aluminum pool allows you to eliminate a backing line, and spool up entirely with braid line providing more line capacity for the fishing battle with the big one. The 10 double-shielded superior quality stainless steel shielded ball bearings in every Sharky III provide buttery smooth performance for effortless fishing.
- NEXT-GEN – The brand new design KastKing Sharky III spinning reels are built tough to land trophy fish in all fishing conditions. Sharky III are superb lightweight fishing reels built with a high percentage fiber-reinforced graphite body and rotor!
- PURE POWER – You will love Sharky III spinning reel’s amazing best-in-class up to 39.5LBs / 18KG of smooth, reliable triple disc carbon fiber drag, oversized stainless-steel main shaft, and stronger precision mesh manganese brass pinion gears for more fishing muscle.
- K.I.S.S. – Sharky III spinning reels are sealed with a KISS! Sharky III has a unique protection water-resistant design for its spool, body, and rotor – K.I.S.S. (KastKing Intrusion Shield System). It helps keep water and dirt out.
- SUPER SMOOTH – You’ll be blown away by the quiet, silky smooth retrieve of the Sharky III. Plus, with the unique Shark Fin Braid Ready aluminum spool, you no longer need to use the backing line when spooling on the braid fishing line.
- AFFORDABLE INNOVATION – Sharky III spinning reel is loaded with features, including 10 + 1 high quality, saltwater rated double-shielded stainless steel ball bearings, instant lock anti-reverse, stainless steel hardware, aluminum handle, and more line capacity than other brands. It is the best all-around spinning reel for every angler.
6. Penn Passion Lady’s Spinning Reel
Penn Passion has all the necessary and common features of any regular spinning reel but the size and shape have been crafted to fit female hands. Although the reel is relatively smaller in size, it has great cranking power and is great for saltwater fishing. The full metal body gives it all the strength it needs to last through harsh conditions while the graphite rotor keeps it on the lighter end.
For smooth and noise-free engaging, the Penn Passion is equipped with 5 ball bearings and the HT-100 drag system. With other features like a Superline spool, line capacity ring and 5.2:1 gear ratio, this reel is a complete package for any lady interested in saltwater fishing. In terms of visuals and comfort, ladies will love the pink accents and comfortable WINN grips on the reel.
- Full metal body
- Rigid Resin RR30 Techno-Balanced rotor
- 5+1 sealed stainless steel ball-bearing System
7. Pflueger President Spinning Reel
The Pflueger President comes with 10 ball bearings that have been constructed with stainless steel to make it corrosion-resistant and durable. It comes with braid-ready spool which means you will be able to tie braid to the spool directly without it slipping. This will give you a clear benefit of time-saving.
It also has a slow oscillation gearing system. With this, the rotor turns at a higher speed whereas the spool turns up and down at a slower speed. This does not only help improve line lay but also lessens line twists.
- 10 bearing System: corrosion-resistant stainless steel ball bearings
- Graphite body and rotor: lightweight graphite reel construction. Braid ready spool – allows braid to be tied directly to the spool.
- Sealed Drag System: Sealed drag washers, always lubricated, always smooth. Slow oscillation gearing: improves line lay and minimizes line twist
- The “B” at the end of the model number represents the type of packaging (B= Claim, X= Box) and does not affect any of the specifications of the product
8. Cadence CS8 Spinning Reel
Constructed from materials that bring strength without the weight, the Cadence CS8 series reel offers premium performance at a very modest cost. The foundation of the CS8 is a light magnesium frame with a carbon rotor all gliding on 10 corrosion resistant bearings. The machined aluminum spool prevents your line from slipping and houses a carbon fiber drag system that delivers consistent pressure. The ergonomic EVA handle knob further reduces reel weight.
- Light Weight CMC(Carbon-Magnesium-Carbon) Main body using magnesium which is 34% lighter and 1.5 times stronger than aluminum, pushing lightweight to the next level. The machined aluminum spool prevents your line from slipping and houses a carbon fiber drag system that delivers consistent pressure. Weight is further reduced with an ergonomic EVA handle knob. An awesome gift for anybody who loves fishing.
- Ultra-Smooth & Fast Fishing reels shielded 9 corrosion-resistant stainless steel bearings and one instant stop one-way anti-reverse bearing is super low torque imported from Japan, blazing fast 6.2:1/5.2:1 Gear Ratio, giving it ultra-smooth and fast performance.
- Powerful CS8 Spinning reel’s Superior Drag System offers incredible stopping power up to 20LBs to handle the big fish you are after. With an innovative wave spring drag system, you can precisely adjust your drag power to suit your needs. Using aluminum OS gear, pinion gear and main shaft to make the reel both strong and durable. The fish fighting power it gives can handle any fishing scenario.
- Great Value Cadence spinning reels offer the angler high-performance premium fishing tackle at an unbeatable price. We manufacturer high-quality, feature-packed match fishing reels. Cadence products have been designed by anglers who are out on the bank, fishing day in, day out.
9. Kalex Spinning Reel
Featuring 10 ball bearings plus a one-way clutch instant anti-reverse bearing, the Kalex XS2 reel delivers a cast and retrieve smoothness you need to feel to believe. Built with a lightweight graphite body and rotor with a machined ported aluminum spool to reduce overall weight without sacrificing strength
Kalex XS2 reels are designed with one thing in mind, performance! Featuring a 10+1 bearing system for a cast and retrieve smoothness you need to feel to believe.
- 10 ball bearings plus a one-way clutch instant anti-reverse bearing for a smooth gear feel
- Graphite body and rotor, and machine ported aluminum spool for reduced weight and added strength
- Braid ready spool allows the line to be tied directly to spool without any slip
- Carbon fiber drag system provides smooth, consistent drag pressure
- Oversized bail wire for durability/Eva knob for comfort
10. RUNCL Spinning Reel TITAN I
TITAN-I have been highly polished and anodized while constructing the body with a full metal material that makes it corrosion-resistant. It offers protection from saltwater corrosion which has been tested and shown to have lasted over 168 hours in salt spray test.
The rotor comes in a hollow out design that works to decrease the weight of the reel significantly without losing durability. Moreover, it’s component is protected with a layer of phosphate coating on its surface that helps enhance the wear-resistance.
The spinning reel comes equipped multi-disc carbon fiber washer, stainless steel main shaft, aluminum drivetrain, solid brass pinion gears and 10 stainless steel shield bearings that make the system run smoothly while delivering balanced and nonstop performance.
- Improved Process: The TITAN I spinning reel is constructed of a full metal body with two-color anodized after polishing and precision-machined single-piece frames. The surface of the rotor component is protected by phosphating coating for enhanced wear resistance. 168-hour Salt Mist Test effectively prevents the spinning reel from saltwater corrosion
- Smooth System: 9+1 precise stainless steel shield bearings, stronger precision NCTM (No Clearance Transmission Mechanism) solid brass pinion gears, strengthened aluminum drivetrain, 20% thicker stainless steel main shaft and sealed multi-disc carbon drag system in RUNCL TITAN I spinning reel delivers uninterrupted and balanced performance
- Special Designed R.E.S.S.: The TITAN I spinning reel features a built-in R.E.S.S. (RUNCL Entire Shield System), offers exceptional protection for the main body, spool and rotor, helps keep water, sand and dirt out, better protects your reel even it takes an accidental dunk
- Hollow Out Design: The CNC-machined aluminum Vented Spool and the Hollow Out Rotor significantly reduce the weight of the spinning reel without sacrificing strength and durability
- Multi-Disc Drag System: The sealed drag system comes with premium multi-disc carbon fiber washers ( 3 carbon fiber washers in size 2000 and 3000, 5 carbon fiber washers in size 4000, 5000 and 6000) for reliable stopping power, helps to boost maximum drag by 40% (up to 44lbs) and guarantees you a larger catch
Best Spinning Reel Under 100 USD – Final Verdict
After doing all the research we have identified Daiwa Bg Spinning Reel as the Best Spinning Reel Under 100 USD. We chose this to the high build quality, multitude of connection options and stellar performance for the price. The Daiwa Bg Spinning Reel packs just the right amount of features and high craftsmanship while remaining within a $100 budget.
We hope that you have found this article to be helpful and learned some valuable knowledge to help you decide on the right spinning reel.
Some of you may have read this guide and still find yourself confused or unsure of which spinning reel is best for your needs. Leave a comment below to get in touch and we will offer advice or a more detailed spinning reel recommendation based for you.