Best Studio Headphones Under 100 Dollars – Review & Buyer’s Guide
Best Studio Headphones Under 100 Dollars – With a great pair of studio headphones, you can hear every minor detail while tracking, mixing, laying down beats and recording tracks on your electronic drum kit without disturbing the neighbors, or you can just listening to your favorite music. But buying studio headphones can be confusing.
There is a surprising amount of research to buying the right pair. And the impact that the headphones will have on your music production can’t be overlooked. The best studio headphones under 100 USD might not be on the same standards with professional studio headphones, but they’re far better than other cheaper models in terms of sound, materials & comfort.
Here we present you with the best affordable studio headphones under $100, updated for 2019.
10 Best Studio Headphones Under 100 USD:
1. Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Headphones
The Audio-Technica ATH-M40x is selected as the best studio headphones under 100 dollars. It is the younger sibling of the ATH-M50x headphones. Like ATH-M50x, it has almost the same design, features, and also the same performance. ATH-M40x are closed-back headphones. Combined with the strong noise isolation and circumaural design, they’ll nearly cut off all the outside noise. These are perfect for a studio setting. The cushioned headband and large cups are comfortable.
The 40mm drivers deliver robust performance with a balanced audio profile. The frequency response of ATH-M40x is as flat as you can get in this price range. It can also get surprisingly loud without using an external audio interface or amplifier. There are a bunch of extras such as a detachable cable (it ships with two types of cables), a carrying bag, and a portable, folding design. The ear cups also swivel away 90 degrees – perfect for one-ear monitoring.
- Cutting-edge engineering and robust construction 40 mm drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-cl
- Tuned flat for incredibly accurate sound monitoring across the entire frequency range
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments 90 de
- Professional-grade earpad and headband material delivers more durability and comfort
- Collapsible for space-saving portability Detachable cable (includes 1.2 m 3.0 m coiled cable and 3.0
2. Sennheiser HD280PRO Headphones
Rank number two on the best studio headphones under 100 dollars is Sannheiser HD280Pro. The HD 280 Pro is Sennheiser’s most significant closed, around-the-ear headphone to be introduced in years. Designed to exceed the demands of the professional environment, the HD 280 Pro boasts extremely robust construction combined with the sound quality, modular design and aggressive noise isolation the necessary in the field. The unique collapsible design, combined with swiveling ear cups, offers maximum flexibility in any application.
- Dynamic, closed-ear headphones.Weight w/o cable: 285 gram Ear coupling is circumaural
- Lightweight and comfortable, ergonomic design, Cord Length 3.3 9.8 feet Coiled
- Extended frequency response and warm, natural sound reproduction. Nominal impedance 64 ohms. Sound pressure level (SPL) 113 dB
- Around the ear design with padded ear cups Dynamic, closed-ear headphones with up to 32 dB attenuation of outside sound. Frequency response (Headphones) 8 25000 Hz
- Earpads, headband padding, and audio cord are easily replaceable, ensuring long life
3. Yamaha HPH-MT5 Headphones
Yamaha HPH-MT5 is ranked on top 3rd position in our list of the best studio headphones under 100 dollars. Whether you’re recording in a professional studio, putting the finishing touches on a live mix, or simply listening to your music collection at home, your headphones serve a singular purpose of delivering the best possible reproduction of the source audio.
Every aspect of the MT series design, from component and material selection to connectivity and overall fit, pays strict attention to achieving the highest possible levels of fidelity and the comfort required to focus on your sound. With a lineup of three models-the MT8, MT7, and mt5-the series offer a variety of features suited to a range of monitoring environments, with one ultimate objective i.e., accuracy.
- Delivering balanced sound with excellent resolution that stays faithful to the source, these headphones allow Reliable, high-quality monitoring
- Comfortable monitoring even during lengthy, extended sessions thanks to Ultra lightweight 250 G Hardware
- Closed-back, circumaural design for excellent isolation
- 40 mm custom drivers with ccaw voice coils deliver a broad frequency range from 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Convenient carrying bag included
4. AKG K240 Semi-Open Headphones
The AKG K 240 Studio is an update of the “classic” AKG K 240 Monitor. The new K 240 Studio delivers an even wider dynamic range and higher sensitivity than its well-known and widely-used predecessor. The secret to the semi-open K 240 Studio’s sound quality is the new XXL transducers in acoustically tuned vented enclosures with circumaural (around the ear) pads.
The circumaural pads envelop your ears nicely and reward you with smooth, solid bass and well-balanced, articulate mids and highs.
This newer, lower impedance, 55-ohm version provides a remarkably higher volume level when used with portable studios, keyboards, drum machines, and other project studio gear. It’s a professional level of performance for the home studio.
- Professional studio headphones
- 3 m replaceable cable
- Audio Interface Type: Stereo plug – 3.5mm (1/8-inch) with 6.3 mm (1/4”) screw-on adapter
5. Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
The ATH-M20x professional monitor headphones are a great introduction to the critically acclaimed M-Series line. Modern design and high-quality materials combine to deliver a comfortable listening experience, with enhanced audio and effective isolation. An excellent choice for tracking and mixing.
The M-Series Headphones Critically acclaimed M-Series professional monitor headphones deliver accurate audio and outstanding comfort, perfect for long sessions in the studio and on the go. Contoured earcups seal tight for excellent sound isolation, with minimal bleed. And the pro-grade materials are durable, yet comfortable.
Find out why online reviewers, top audio engineers, and cult followers agree, M-Series is an unmatched combination of audio and build-quality that gets the job done.
- Advanced build quality and engineering
- 40 mm drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Tuned for enhanced low-frequency performance
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- Convenient single-side cable exit
6. Presonus HD-9 Headphones
PreSonus HD9 professional studio Headphones feature 45 mm dynamic, neodymium drivers in a closed-back acoustic design that provides superior listening isolation and reduces headphone bleed. Its tailored frequency response extends all the way from 10 Hz to 26 kHz, with accurate bass response, enabling precise mixes.
The HD9 offers high power handling (900 mW per channel into 40 ohms) while providing comfort, durability, and reduced listening fatigue.
When you need to do serious work without bothering anyone in your living space and without being distracted by outside sound, choose PreSonus HD9 headphones. They’re clean-sounding, extra-comfortable, and offer a broad, transparent frequency response that ensures accurate mixing.
- Closed-back, circumaural acoustic design
- Two-way, 180° cup rotation
- Tailored frequency response (10 Hz – 26 kHz)
- Accurate low-frequency response
- High-power handling (1, 800 mW @ 40Ω, 900 mW per channel)
- 45 mm dynamic, neodymium drivers
- 96 dB sensitivity (3 dB)
7. Sennheiser HD 200 Headphones
The Sennheiser HD 200 PRO monitoring headphones are made to ensure a detailed and powerful studio sound wherever you are. Whether you record your own tunes at home, in the rehearsal room, on stage, or simply enjoy listening to your favorite music at home, the HD 200 PRO is your ideal companion for every monitoring task.
The HD 200 PRO offers powerful and detailed sound for every monitoring task and for every budget. It combines with an efficient ambient noise reduction with a high resolution. Focus on your mix – at home, in your studio or during live events.
- Closed, around-ear headphone design to reduce ambient noise
- Sennheiser’s proprietary transducers that deliver an outstanding stereo sound reproduction with powerful punchy bass
- Soft ear cushions and ergonomic design that provide enhanced fit and comfort
- A robust 2.0 meter singled sided cable
- 6.3 millimeter (1/4 inch) stereo jack adapter included
8. Yamaha RH50A Headphones
Developed for studio or road application, RH50A stereo headphones are equipped with professional-quality elements that boast the impressive bass presence and clear treble response studio musicians demand. The closed-ear, noise-reducing design features a coiled cord and a thickly padded, collapsible headband for lasting comfort and traveling convenience.
Understanding the ear is an instrument critically trained to demand perfection in sound reproduction, musicians know that high-quality headphones are a vital component of any music system. Yamaha’s complete headphone line utilizes the latest in technology, ergonomics, and sound quality for musical applications ranging from economy to professional level. From music creation to music reproduction, Yamaha audio equipment has been recognized as the industry standard for more than 30 years.
- RH50A stereo headphones are equipped with professional-quality elements that boast the impressive bass presence and clear treble response studio musicians demand
- The closed-ear, noise-reducing design features a coiled cord and a thickly padded, collapsible headband for lasting comfort and traveling convenience
- Utilizing the latest in technology, ergonomics, and sound quality for musical applications ranging from economy to professional level
- 16 Hz – 20 kHz, 100 Ohms, 103 dB/mW
- 8′ coiled cord, 1/8″ plug and 1/4″ adaptor
9. Koss Pro-4AA Studio-Quality Headphones
PRO4AA Noise-Isolating Professional Studio Headphones Tan. Koss Pro4AA headphones set the standard for full-size professional headphones. They were introduced in 1970 as the first dynamic headphones to deliver true full frequency and high fidelity performance with impressive noise-isolating capabilities. Retired in the late ’80s, Koss swiftly returned the Pro4AA headphones to its product lineup due to overwhelming popular demand.
Koss Pro4AAs meet the stringent demands of broadcast and recording professionals who require reliable equipment and superior performance. The full-size professional headphones keep unwanted sounds out while letting every note in. Whether you’re a sound professional or an audiophile, Pro4AAs deliver superior isolation, accurate reproduction and sound intensity, and the excitement of a live performance with every recording. Connecting with your music has never sounded so good.
- Noise isolating professional studio headphones
- The first dynamic headphones to deliver true full frequency, high fidelity performance
- Standard-setting design incorporates performance-enhancing technology
- Superior isolation, accurate sound reproduction and the excitement of a live performance with every recording
- Durable steel and generously padded rubber headband
- Adjustable slide bars ensure a snug fit
- 8-foot coiled cord with 6.3 mm (1/4 inches) plug
10. Tascam TH-03 Studio Headphones
Experience audio in its purest form with Tascam’s TH-03 Studio Headphones. Designed to deliver crisp highs & rich bass, these closed-back earpieces shut out noise from the outside world. Now you can hear your music the way it was meant to be heard: with brilliant clarity and without interruption.
These professional-grade studio headphones are perfect for studio audio engineers, and music connoisseurs alike. These chic black studio headphones aren’t sleek & fashionable, they’re built to be supremely functional. A durable stainless steel framework makes these earphones lightweight & easy to wear, while plush padding on the earpieces & headband ensures a comfortable listening experience.
- PROFESSIONAL SOUND: With their crisp highs & rich bass response, these professional-grade studio headphones deliver a premium audio experience with quality and comfort.
- NOISE ISOLATION: Closed-back earpiece design eliminates outside noise interference. Tascam TH-03 is the perfect choice for audio engineers and music connoisseurs alike.
- COMFORT & STYLE: These sophisticated black headphones exemplify quality & durability. Earpieces & headband are padded to make them comfortable and easy to wear.
- UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY: Headset includes a gold-tipped 1/8″ to 1/4″ adaptor, designed to make it compatible with all your devices, including professional soundboards.
- ADJUSTABLE & PORTABLE: Fully adjustable, easy to transport & store. The sleek design allows you to efficiently fold the earpieces inward, creating a more compact profile.
Best Studio Headphones Under 100 USD – Final Verdict
After doing all the research we have identified Audio-Technica ATHM40x as the best studio headphones under 100 dollars to buy due to the high build quality, multitude of connection options and stellar performance for the price. The Audio-Technica ATHM40x packs just the right amount of features and high craftsmanship while remaining within a $100 budget.
We hope that you have found this article to be helpful and learned some valuable knowledge to help you decide on the right studio headphone.
Some of you may have read this guide and still find yourself confused or unsure of which bookshelf speaker is best for your needs. Leave a comment below to get in touch. And we will offer advice or a more detailed studio headphone recommendation for you.